Any recommendations?

Go to solution Solved by LienusLateTips,
1 minute ago, GogetaBlue said:

& it's stressing me out too, I've had enough & I just wan't my PC running

B450M Pro4 from ASRock or the AORUS M from GIGABYTE if you HAVE to have a mATX board.

RMA your board too, even if you buy, you can sell the replacement.

Hello everyone! I need some assistance hear please, My MSI B450m Pro M2 is defective & I need help deciding on what brand to buy a new B450 mobo from next, I've heard Gigabyte & ASUS are at the top of the line in terms of quality which is what I wan't, can anyone tell me what they'd recommend that is good quality & highly unlikely to be defective out of the box please? Thank you.

I've been looking a an ASUS B450m K mobo also was wondering of this is any good

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You can't RMA the board you have now?

I could like I already have with my CPU, But my patients is pretty much run out colpetely now & I just wan't my first PC working ASAP

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You can't RMA the board you have now?

1 minute ago, GogetaBlue said:

B450M Pro4 from ASRock or the AORUS M from GIGABYTE if you HAVE to have a mATX board.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 minutes ago, GogetaBlue said:

I've been looking a an ASUS B450m K mobo also was wondering of this is any good

asus b450m-k is the cheapest one at Asus B450 line. 

As expected , it shall work but dont expect any bonus value from it.

So at the price of premium asus, its not worth considering

Also personally staying away from msi mobo for scary physical build quality

4 minutes ago, GogetaBlue said:

I could like I already have with my CPU, But my patients is pretty much run out colpetely now & I just wan't my first PC working ASAP

Sounds like some shit luck. If you want a decent B450 mATX board grab a pro 4 from Asrock

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

10 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Selling the replacement isn't such a bad Idea, I'll think about it thank you

11 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Sounds like some shit luck. If you want a decent B450 mATX board grab a pro 4 from Asrock

I'll have a look thank you ?

12 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

I'll look into it thanks??

I really Apreciate all your sugestions guys, thank you, I think I'll go with the ASROCK B450M Pro4

OK I've just bought the ASRock B450m Pro4 Board, If I remember I'll let you know how it goes when It arrives in a few days

I've only destroyed MSI boards of my own incompetence in the early days of learning how to overclock (by overclocking improperly). In my experience comparing other companies products, MSI has a far superior customer service capability than ASUS, Gigabyte, etc. ASUS probably having the worst. They have a good reputation for build quality etc... But in the event *if/when* something goes wrong, their customer service is a damned nightmare to deal with. Gigabyte is in the middle, and I've never had any experience with ASRock

It does sound like bad luck having both a bad CPU and bad MB. Are you experienced at building or is this your first time?

As others have said, RMA the board anyways and sell it to recoup some of the cost of the new board you're going to purchase.

5 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

Just go for Asus its probably the more reliable one

you my friend have felt for marketing... I would say the m-k is overpriced as hell, and only should be used in a basic office desktop or something.

Motherboard tier list is here to help...

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

m-k is overpriced as hell, and only should be used in a basic office desktop or something.

forgot to mention that the "m-K" line will continue production after the whole  chipset became discontinued, like after 2 yrs for intel.

and if you want a new mobo, the M-K may be the only one left newly available.

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

forgot to mention that the "m-K" line will continue production after the whole  chipset became discontinued, like after 2 yrs for intel.

and if you want a new mobo, the M-K may be the only one left newly available.

yeah... but in this case it's a b450, so a different one is better, as there probably is something better for the price

4 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I've only destroyed MSI boards of my own incompetence in the early days of learning how to overclock (by overclocking improperly). In my experience comparing other companies products, MSI has a far superior customer service capability than ASUS, Gigabyte, etc. ASUS probably having the worst. They have a good reputation for build quality etc... But in the event *if/when* something goes wrong, their customer service is a damned nightmare to deal with. Gigabyte is in the middle, and I've never had any experience with ASRock

It does sound like bad luck having both a bad CPU and bad MB. Are you experienced at building or is this your first time?

As others have said, RMA the board anyways and sell it to recoup some of the cost of the new board you're going to purchase.

Yes this is my first PC I've ever built with some full beginners guids from very large YT pro PC builders, I'm talking millions of subs on these tech channels so they're pretty good, very helpful build guids for beginngers too