Monitors won't sleep

Mister Woof

Even with power setting on balanced, with monitor sleep time set to 10 minutes, my wife's system's monitors no longer goes to sleep.

They were fine up until after we did a fresh windows install, and now they no longer sleep.

I even tried turning off the mouse, thinking the laser was waking it up.

Thanks

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, KhakiHat said:

Have you tried going to power options in the control panel?

Yes, this is where I set it to balanced and defined a 10 minute inactivity sleep timer.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Even with power setting on balanced, with monitor sleep time set to 10 minutes, my wife's system's monitors no longer goes to sleep.

They were fine up until after we did a fresh windows install, and now they no longer sleep.

I even tried turning off the mouse, thinking the laser was waking it up.

Thanks

what device is that?

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Did you think about the fact that someone could have messed with the monitor itself?

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

Yes, this is where I set it to balanced and defined a 10 minute inactivity sleep timer.

Did you change the sleep timer for each power mode? Like balanced, high performance, etc.?

Just now, Kaicer said:

Did you think about the fact that someone could have messed with the monitor itself?

Nothing changed on the monitor

Also in order for a monitor to go to sleep, there has to be no programs that involve motion on the screen otherwise the monitor will stay awake.

I learned this first hand with my PC.

For example, if a youtube video is playing your monitor will not go to sleep, if discord constantly sends notifications in the notifications bar the monitor will stay awake

Just now, Kaicer said:

Also in order for a monitor to go to sleep, there has to be no programs that involve motion on the screen otherwise the monitor will stay awake.

I learned this first hand with my PC.

It is only handbrake, but that is usually done for with a long period of inactivity after. Not sleeping.

7 minutes ago, Srijan Verma said:

what device is that?

What do you mean?

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

It is only handbrake, but that is usually done for with a long period of inactivity after. Not sleeping.

This may be your problem. Try running the computer without any programs and without any activity and see what happens after 10 minutes.

1 minute ago, Kaicer said:

This may be your problem. Try running the computer without any programs and without any activity and see what happens after 10 minutes.

I'll give it a shot.

However, it wasn't causing this problem before, and it would handbrake while the monitors went to sleep.

15 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

However, it wasn't causing this problem before, and it would handbrake while the monitors went to sleep.

If that doesn't work open the task manager and see what is using up most of CPU, RAM, and GPU. Some viruses or malware can keep the computer awake.