Might be selling my pc but need some help.

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, star_pilot475 said:

Actually I changed my mind on that. I figured hard drives are cheap, my GPU and psu are not great anyways so I’m thinking of throwing those in anyway. 

In that case it makes the whole package more appealing but I'd still leave the SSD out.

Hi everyone, so I’m trying to fix up my pc enough to make it technically “gaming” specs so I can sell it (then maybe do a ryzen build or something) 

Here are my specs- 

System

• CPU
    AMD Athlon II X4 650
  • Motherboard
    N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix)
  • RAM
    8GB DDR3
  • GPU
    MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G
  • Case
    Some crap hp thing
  • Storage
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU
    Corsair CX500
  • Display(s)
    Samsung 32inch 1080P 60Hz TV
  • Cooling
    Foxconn fan and a junk stock heatsink
  • Keyboard
    Logitech MK235
  • Mouse
    Logitech MK170

I know i
    need to upgrade the cpu, I was thinking a Phenom II X6 1055T. But then there’s the case. I need something that looks gaming-ish that only has usb 2.0 because my mobo doesn’t support usb 3.0. So if you have any suggestions on that, that would be great. 

Also, if you have any other tips to increase resale value that would be awesome. 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

A paint job and some mods on the current case would be decent enough, don't need a "gamer" looking case. And for the CPU, you really don't need to get a Phenom because if someone wants to upgrade they'll take case of it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

A paint job and some mods on the current case would be decent enough, don't need a "gamer" looking case. And for the CPU, you really don't need to get a Phenom because if someone wants to upgrade they'll take case of it.

Ok, so you think mod it and I’m good to go? Should I throw a cheap ssd in it?

2 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Ok, so you think mod it and I’m good to go? Should I throw a cheap ssd in it?

Maybe, but it's already not a full package, you're keeping the GPU and PSU, as well as the storage, so you're selling a pretty bare bones PC. I'd say leave it, an SSD is pretty high quality compared to the rest of the stuff.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Maybe, but it's already not a full package, you're keeping the GPU and PSU, as well as the storage, so you're selling a pretty bare bones PC. I'd say leave it.

Actually I changed my mind on that. I figured hard drives are cheap, my GPU and psu are not great anyways so I’m thinking of throwing those in anyway. 

1 minute ago, star_pilot475 said:

In that case it makes the whole package more appealing but I'd still leave the SSD out.

Primary PC:

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for your help. 

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

The 380 is a fine GPU, honestly pick up a cheap Cooler Master gaming case or that Spec O1 Alpha from Corsair. Unless you want to spend like 150$-190$ on upgrades for it I think the best option would be a good looking case, those ALWAYS sell a PC. That's part of the reason I purchased the case I have, it's interesting but doesn't look too alien to an average consumer. 30$ or 40$ on a case and you're good to go IM

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor