Just a little help with ROG

MCalladine

I have an issue with my new rig without touching the overclocking my pc is running at around 55-65 degrees celcius and cpu core voltage is at 1.4v my current config is as follows

ASUS ROG crosshair VII (Wi-Fi) x470

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6core 3.6ghz (4.2ghz max boost)

32gb DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengence RGB Pro

Samsung Evo 970 m.2 SSD

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

the cpu also sits at 4ghz then drops to 2.2ghz on cores randomly if anyone knows the BIOS settings that can possibly help with stabilising this to the properly rated 3.6ghz with a better optimisation I will be most appreaciative.

This is normal. Processor drops down in speed when the speed is not needed to save power and output less heat.

If you don't for whatever reason want it to happen, then disable "amd cool and quiet". Then processor shouldn't drop below base speed.

If that doesn't satisfy you and you want the processor to stay at exactly the same speed all the time, then change the cpu frequency from "auto", to something like "4.1ghz". Then you would also need to change the voltage from "auto", to something as small as possible while still stable, so something like 3.625v for example. Those are purely random numbers, i haven't overclocked ryzen 2nd gen myself.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

thank you for the reply i didn't realise that cool and quiet did that as my previous PC was an AMD Phenom x4 4770 that lasted me a good 10 years so not quite up to spec with some of the latest settings

It would seem the current ASUS bios doesn't show the AMD cool and quiet unless i am missing something

Edit, added amendment