Current Status of GFWL Games

Scionyde

Sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see anything in the Search engine. The article is a few days old so some of you might have seen it already, but here it is...

Anyway, Joystiq did some reaching out to get an idea of where various developers were on removing GFWL so that we don't lose them when July rolls around. I don't know much about what it takes to switch out GFWL or how much time it needs, but I hope it's quick because quite a few games fall under the 'No Plans at this Time' umbrella. (Lookin' at you, Capcom)

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/17/games-for-windows-live-is-dying-we-check-the-life-support-of-ga/

The thing that kinda annoys me most is that Microsoft doesn't have any current plans to save their games from the abyss once GFWL dies. None of the ones on the list are particularly good, but once again it seems Microsoft's talk about focusing more on PC gaming was just talk. (Surprise, surprise.)

Anyway, I hope Microsoft and Capcom get to work soon. In the meantime, guess I'll make an effort to check out Section 8 before it dies...

Well, Micro$oft does like to control everything they can with Windows :)