Macbook pro 13" with external gpu

Hey everyone so i am going to buy a Macbook Pro 2017 13" the i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB model but i still wants to game sometimes i would want to but the igpu succc, (if you want to tell me something about gaming laptops no thanks i need this Tiny, light and that big battery laptop) so i am also thinking about buying someting like rx 580 in external box and connect through thunderbolt 3 and my question is: Are there any disadvantages? If so.. Then what are they and how much will they affect my gaming experience. 

Thanks. 

57 minutes ago, feisi200 said:

Hey everyone so i am going to buy a Macbook Pro 2017 13" the i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB model but i still wants to game sometimes i would want to but the igpu succc, (if you want to tell me something about gaming laptops no thanks i need this Tiny, light and that big battery laptop) so i am also thinking about buying someting like rx 580 in external box and connect through thunderbolt 3 and my question is: Are there any disadvantages? If so.. Then what are they and how much will they affect my gaming experience. 

Thanks. 

Honestly the only advice I can give you and perhaps any good advice anyone can is don't bother with the Macbook, you'll know exactly why if you follow the news. There are literally hundreds of better choices out there and you'll only lose money buying an overpriced laptop that will break and Apple will tell you to buy a new one because they "can't" fix it. If you want something small and thin&light, the other companies offer a tremendously better value and quality. Examples: Thinkpad X1 Carbon (I believe it's exactly the same price while you get an actually good CPU, more ram, storage, comperable display, 2 thunderbolt ports, better battery life etc.), DELL XPS 13, Razer blade stealth and so on. If you want to game and play some games that are relatively undemanding you can also get something in this for factor that has a dedicated GPU built in but overall getting an external one wouldn't be that bad, epecially that RX 580 is still very good for gaming. When it comes to disadvantages, there are a few of course but not necessarily more than a laptop with discrete graphics would have, there is the extra price of the GPU, the price of the housing for that GPU and of course a big disadvantage when it comes to practicality, external GPUs are perfect for people who take their laptop to school/work and then come back home and want something to game on.

As far as I know, there is a minor performance hit of around ~10% using an eGPU over Thunderbolt 3

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

18 minutes ago, Jakub_NF said:

Honestly the only advice I can give you and perhaps any good advice anyone can is don't bother with the Macbook, you'll know exactly why if you follow the news. There are literally hundreds of better choices out there and you'll only lose money buying an overpriced laptop that will break and Apple will tell you to buy a new one because they "can't" fix it. If you want something small and thin&light, the other companies offer a tremendously better value and quality. Examples: Thinkpad X1 Carbon (I believe it's exactly the same price while you get an actually good CPU, more ram, storage, comperable display, 2 thunderbolt ports, better battery life etc.), DELL XPS 13, Razer blade stealth and so on. If you want to game and play some games that are relatively undemanding you can also get something in this for factor that has a dedicated GPU built in but overall getting an external one wouldn't be that bad, epecially that RX 580 is still very good for gaming.

No thanks i think best for me will be macbook pro 13 inch because xps is about the same but i dont like it and the lenovo one is way more expensive. 

23 minutes ago, Jakub_NF said:

external GPUs are perfect for people who take their laptop to school/work and then come back home and want something to game on.

Thats just my case. 

8 hours ago, feisi200 said:

No thanks i think best for me will be macbook pro 13 inch because xps is about the same but i dont like it and the lenovo one is way more expensive. 

Even if, I'd suggest you go for something else. If you do some research you will find a perfect laptop for yourself. In summary, you will do yourself a favor by not buying from Apple

On 4/8/2019 at 12:03 AM, Jakub_NF said:

Even if, I'd suggest you go for something else. If you do some research you will find a perfect laptop for yourself. In summary, you will do yourself a favor by not buying from Apple

Why u think? Im not gonna spend 3k$ to get a little bit lighter laptop, macbook will cost me like 1400$ And got everything i need.. No need to try convince me to buy other laptop when they do not fit me.

4 hours ago, feisi200 said:

Why u think? Im not gonna spend 3k$ to get a little bit lighter laptop, macbook will cost me like 1400$ And got everything i need.. No need to try convince me to buy other laptop when they do not fit me.

When you say you want a 13" Macbook from 2017 I assume you mean this one and if that's the case then I'm just trying to help especially that you said you want this thing for gaming. In that case you're really going to struggle with a dual core i5 (guessing it's the 6200U), 8GB ram and 128GB of storage. This thing costs $1400 only because it's apple and any other laptop from different company that's exactly the same specs will be around 2x cheaper. All I'm saying is if you do have this money to spend then why not get a better laptop that's going to outperform this macbook by a factor of at least two while being the same or even smaller size (if that's what you need).