Keyboard help

So i'm planning on building my first keyboard and of course i watched linus' video on it and i want a pcb that I dont need to soder, What i really need help is what is the diffrence between a plate mounted switch and a pcb switch and would like to know which one I should get.

Plate mount switches have 3 pins on the bottom, PCB mount switches have 2 extra. If your PCB supports PCB mount, you can use either. If your PCB only supports plate mount, you can still use PCB mount, just cut off the extra pins. 

Don't get Cherry switches, get some good ones, since you actually have the choice. 

:)

I wouldn't really use Linus's guide on building keyboards, there are many better guides out there. 
Some pcbs that do not require solder are:
GK64, 1UP HSE, and on the more expensive side Ramaworks boards

PCB mount switches like seon said have 5 legs, while plate mounted switches have 3 legs, the extra 2 legs offers more stability, most of the hotswap boards with the exception of Massdrop CTRL and ALT support pcb mount legs so I would get those, and like seon said if it doesn't support them you can just clip them off with something like a nail clipper. 

44 minutes ago, b emoji said:

Some pcbs that do not require solder are:
GK64, 1UP HSE, and on the more expensive side Ramaworks boards

Could you please direct us to their links?

Thanks..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

4 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Could you please direct us to their links?

Thanks..

Do note there may be delays when ordering this week due to the Tomb-Sweeping festival in China right now. 

https://kbdfans.cn/collections/60/products/gk64-rgb-60-64keys-hot-swap-pcb

GK64

https://www.1upkeyboards.com/shop/controllers/1up-rgb-pcb-hse/

HSE