Thermal Throttling at games, but no performance decrease

Just bought a new gaming laptop and tried out some latest games like Sekiro. I am using Intel extreme tuning utility to check up on my temps and others. Running Sekiro is fine, there was no performance drop whatsoever and I havent yet seen my frames drop, but when i checked up on the intel app it says "Thermal Throttling: Yes".

My question is, is this a bad thing ? and if it is how do i fix it? I researched some of the same problems... but the thing is I do not experience any drop in my performance when gaming.
Would love to hear some suggestions, thanks in advance.

HP Pavilion Gaming 15-cx0056wm

Specs:
Intel Core i5-8300H
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
1TB HDD
8gb ram at 2666Mhz

Thermal throttling is bad for the long term, you should consider ramping up the laptop fans as well as undervolting and repasting the CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Thermal throttling is bad for the long term, you should consider ramping up the laptop fans as well as undervolting and repasting the CPU.

Thanks for the fast reply. just curious, if i undervolt does it affect my performance? I do not want to fiddle alot with the settings since its new.

14 minutes ago, Alfi-199 said:

Thanks for the fast reply. just curious, if i undervolt does it affect my performance? I do not want to fiddle alot with the settings since its new.

Usually no, you can undervolt and get the same performance. It is, after all, attempting lower voltage at the same clock speed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Usually no, you can undervolt and get the same performance. It is, after all, attempting lower voltage at the same clock speed.

Are there any guides for undervolting ? If possible related to my CPU and GPU. thanks

20 hours ago, Alfi-199 said:

Are there any guides for undervolting ? If possible related to my CPU and GPU. thanks

Unfortunately most laptops won't let you mess with the voltages, maybe consider getting a laptop cooler? 

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB