Rust beats DayZ in Sales on Steam

xrex64

DayZ is fun with friends. Unless they decide to rob you. And use you as bait, fun times though.

Really, bastards.

Real friends or virtual friends ?

Nothing to see here - move along.

thats because everyone purchased Day-z and now they are getting rust

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

Really, bastards.

Real friends or virtual friends ?

Real ones haha, I did use a sucky axe on them though before I died :P

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

im pretty sure DayZ SA has sold more than a million copies in a month, not sure how many Rust has sold

Looking for a job

in terms of rust Vs Dayz here is what I have to say.

Rust in its current state has a limited area of play, out side of this area you can harvest trees but other things like animals, stone and wood piles dont spawn. so you're stuck to an area which is populated heavily, this isnt a bad thing at all just worth noticing. Rust in its current state is far more enjoyable for those who enjoy playing minecraft over a shooter as the current gameplay is more about crafting and gathering resources.

Dayz how ever, is nothing like Minecraft. from what Ive seen already the game tries to be as in depth as it can. having to heal by first doing a blood test to find out if your blood is compatible with the donors blood type. The game is aimed more towards those who are more keen on the combat aspect of survival.

In all, Dayz Is the game I play. I purchased both and in all honesty I actually regret wasting £15 on rust. I couldnt enjoy the gameplay, but I can admit its merits. Both are in alpha stage so I wont comment on lack of features/bugs as they are to be expected in an alpha, but for me, dayz is the more enjoyable choice. The combat is more enjoyable and the overall feel is more like what I would expect from a survival horror game. The thing that sells me the most is the map. Rusts map seems like its just a large forest that have had the odd rock face painted on and a few buildings copy/pasted into random locations. While dayz map has a good mix of large/small towns, airfields farm land and forest.

any way thats my view on the two games. I hope they both do well simple because I own them both, so want to get my moneys worth.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

in terms of rust Vs Dayz here is what I have to say.

Rust in its current state has a limited area of play, out side of this area you can harvest trees but other things like animals, stone and wood piles dont spawn. so you're stuck to an area which is populated heavily, this isnt a bad thing at all just worth noticing. Rust in its current state is far more enjoyable for those who enjoy playing minecraft over a shooter as the current gameplay is more about crafting and gathering resources.

Dayz how ever, is nothing like Minecraft. from what Ive seen already the game tries to be as in depth as it can. having to heal by first doing a blood test to find out if your blood is compatible with the donors blood type. The game is aimed more towards those who are more keen on the combat aspect of survival.

In all, Dayz Is the game I play. I purchased both and in all honesty I actually regret wasting £15 on rust. I couldnt enjoy the gameplay, but I can admit its merits. Both are in alpha stage so I wont comment on lack of features/bugs as they are to be expected in an alpha, but for me, dayz is the more enjoyable choice. The combat is more enjoyable and the overall feel is more like what I would expect from a survival horror game. The thing that sells me the most is the map. Rusts map seems like its just a large forest that have had the odd rock face painted on and a few buildings copy/pasted into random locations. While dayz map has a good mix of large/small towns, airfields farm land and forest.

any way thats my view on the two games. I hope they both do well simple because I own them both, so want to get my moneys worth.

This. I bought rust but just cant get into it. I prefer more pew pew over crafting.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't think DayZ improved much over the mod... Especially after it was "Supposed to be released last year"

[spoiler=PC Specs]CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P @3.10GHz | Motherboard: Intel DZ68BC Extreme Series Desktop Board | RAM: 8GB 1333Hz DDR3 Corsair RAM 4x2gb | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 570 Fermi
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case Black | Storage: 2x Seagate 2TB | PSU: Antec25 650W Green PSU | Display(s): Samsung 27" LED Monitor S27A950D, 32'' Emerson hdtv
Cooling: Air 6 Fans total | Keyboard: Delux K9025 | Mouse: AULA Killing the Soul 7D Gaming Mouse | Sound: Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset

I don't think DayZ improved much over the mod... Especially after it was "Supposed to be released last year"

It's not "released", it's in development with the communities participation.

DayZ Standalone also has the issue with the engine having to be reworked to do things it was not designed to do.