Got an unusual problem here

Robert J.

Due to someone installing the wrong architecture of win10 when updating from win7 I've found myself with a pc that has a 64bit cpu and a 32bit os. The thing is I cant install windows from a flash drive or optical disk. I made a new drive partition with the windows installer on it.  I used a command prompt to boot to the troubleshooting options with shutdown /r /f /o /t 0 and tried to open the installer with D:\ ISO_Files\setup.exe but got an error message because it cant run 64bit programs. Any ideas? 

28 minutes ago, Robert J. said:

Due to someone installing the wrong architecture of win10 when updating from win7 I've found myself with a pc that has a 64bit cpu and a 32bit os. The thing is I cant install windows from a flash drive or optical disk. I made a new drive partition with the windows installer on it.  I used a command prompt to boot to the troubleshooting options with shutdown /r /f /o /t 0 and tried to open the installer with D:\ ISO_Files\setup.exe but got an error message because it cant run 64bit programs. Any ideas? 

Create another partition on your drive and make it a bootable windows installer? 

I made a new partition and made it active with the windows installer but i sadly named a folder incorrectly and it wouldn't boot so Ive been forced to fix the USB port.