Pls help!! Windows.old repair in drive

Snizer11

Hi guyz,

I badly need help, this morning i experience BSOD. The error code mentions "Critical Process Died",

I use this solution but failed:

*boot in safe mode

*start up repair

*repair mode using bootable USB drive (win10)

*system restore

So now i install another windows OS in same drive but i ididn't format that drive. So is there any way to repair that windows.old file? so i can revert back to that previous build? All of my work and files are in that drive especially saved files in my games. Your help is very much appreciated.

For the system restore solution:

The system restore tells me that there are multiple restore points available, including one it created just before attempting to install the updates. However, it tells me that I can't restore my local C drive because "You must enable system protection on this drive".

Is there a way that I can enable system protection on my drive through the command prompt?

Please let me know if my explanation is confusing. Really problematic right now.

windows-10-critical-process-died.png

Edited by Snizer11

before messing with the corrupted drive, I suggest you get a windows on another drive and read the corrupted drive to try & restore anything needed first

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

before messing with the corrupted drive, I suggest you get a windows on another drive and read the corrupted drive to try & restore anything needed first

I tried to install on my other drive a windows OS however, i can't intall windows on that because of the UEFI problem. it prevent me from installing from the other drive

3 minutes ago, Snizer11 said:

I tried to install on my other drive a windows OS however, i can't intall windows on that because of the UEFI problem. it prevent me from installing from the other drive

This is the error pop up when i tried to install OS in drive D in my desktop. Currently the drive C is where i install my OS is the problem. FYI this is pic below not the actual error in my PC.

img_58a27ecddcd6b.jpg

7 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

better get a empty drive instead of D:\

and you need to format that first...

Thats a bummer. I don't have any empty drive to have installed a new OS. is there any alternative for this? like can i repair the windows.old using new installed o.s in the same drive?

1 minute ago, Snizer11 said:

like can i repair the windows.old using new installed o.s in the same drive?

anything specific things you need to recover old windows rather than reinstalling windows?

any spare usb drive on hand, could make a ubuntu bootable usb to mess with the drive

3 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

anything specific things you need to recover old windows rather than reinstalling windows?

any spare usb drive on hand, could make a ubuntu bootable usb to mess with the drive

Well that i can do, but only have another 8gb flash drive in me. Is that enough?

55 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

OK thanks. I will get back on this if this solves the problem. Just one more thing since this is a ubuntu OS i can repair the drive and make it bootable again using this or this will just make me copy the files from windows.old folder?