Cablemod stuff

Jansi

Hello there!

I'm thinking about getting somIMG_20190402_223757.thumb.jpg.9ed6bfa6fce6894e7dcedb3280c74a66.jpge custom cabling going on. At the moment my PC looks like this.

It's the 24pin and the two 8 pin PCI-E power cables i want to change up.

I've done my best on the cablemod website, should i do anything diffrent?

And what's the difrense between the Carbon and black? Seems the same to me?

https://eustore.cablemod.com/configurator/#cfgload:5ca3c9af440cc6.35865319

And sorry for possible typos xD

2 minutes ago, Jansi said:

Hello there!

I'm thinking about getting som
e custom cabling going on. At the moment my PC looks like this.

It's the 24pin and the two 8 pin PCI-E power cables i want to change up.

I've done my best on the cablemod website, should i do anything diffrent?

And what's the difrense between the Carbon and black? Seems the same to me?

https://eustore.cablemod.com/configurator/#cfgload:5ca3c9af440cc6.35865319

And sorry for possible typos xD

Carbon is slightly lighter then gray and more reflective. 

Colors in attached image are: 

Black, Gray, Silver, Carbon, White, Black.

colors.PNG

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

@CableMod can probably tell you the colour difference between black and carbon, besides that i think some new cables could be nice. Not sure if 20 series NVIDIA cards have the stupid thing where daisy chain power cables can reduce performance but maybe just in case get separate cables, also looks better that way IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

imo, just go on amazon and buy extensions, as they are much cheaper, and come with a 24 pin (I got a 8 pin EPS, 2x 8pin PCIe, 2x 6pin PCIe, and a 24pin for only 30$)

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Not sure if 20 series NVIDIA cards have the stupid thing where daisy chain power cables can reduce performance

???

When does that ever happen on any GPU unless you are doing LN2?

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

???

Here ^ 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

imo, just go on amazon and buy extensions, as they are much cheaper, and come with a 24 pin (I got a 8 pin EPS, 2x 8pin PCIe, 2x 6pin PCIe, and a 24pin for only 30$)

That may work for most people, but OP's case is quite open, so extra cables may show. Plus I (personally) think full length cables look better.

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Just now, myselfolli said:

That may work for most people, but OP's case is quite open, so extra cables may show. Plus I (personally) think full length cables look better.

yeah, they do look better. He could hide them behind the case, but whatever.

The full length cables from cabled either look stringy (regular ones), or are really expensive (cablemod pro)

???

Clearly helping on just air

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

yeah, they do look better. He could hide them behind the case, but whatever.

The full length cables from cabled either look stringy (regular ones), or are really expensive (cablemod pro)

They are expencive, I agree. But the system look like OP has already splashed some serious cash on it, so why stop now? :P

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

1 minute ago, myselfolli said:

They are expencive, I agree. But the system look like OP has already splashed some serious cash on it, so why stop now? :P

True that ?

3 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Here ^ 

Oh, its because the PSU is bad and uses 18AWG connectors, it's not the fault of the card.

Its because its pulling 2x 8 pins from essentially 1 8pin on the PSU end, so they have extra current, and the 18AWG/20AWG on most standard PSUs (aka most things under 800W). It's a non-issue on higher end PSUs, tho.

Oh, its because the PSU is bad and uses 18AWG connectors, it's not the fault of the card.

Its because its pulling 2x 8 pins from essentially 1 8pin on the PSU end, so they have extra current, and the 18AWG/20AWG on most standard PSUs (aka most things under 800W). It's a non-issue on higher end PSUs, tho.

My PSU also pulls 2x 8pin from one though? That's the cables that came with the PSU that does so

Just now, Jansi said:

My PSU also pulls 2x 8pin from one though? That's the cables that came with the PSU that does so

It's fine, 25mhz is virtually nothing.

10 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Carbon is slightly lighter then gray and more reflective. 

Colors in attached image are: 

Black, Gray, Silver, Carbon, White, Black.

colors.PNG

So basicly a shiny gray?

What about the combination though? Any good/creative ideas? Gotta fit the sleek look though ofcourse :P

image.png.4eb85fb8d6134a7ba761f9711df7cd8a.png

@Jansi the black is black, the carbon is supposed to be like carbon fiber. Can't really explain the difference much better than that, but better than this, I have a photo! 

And then there's an additional photo of the black/gray/silver/white as well for your review. :)

blackcarbon.jpg

17229900_10154451404665875_357730193_o.jpg

10 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Jansi the black is black, the carbon is supposed to be like carbon fiber. Can't really explain the difference much better than that, but better than this, I have a photo! 

And then there's an additional photo of the black/gray/silver/white as well for your review. :)

Those are actually really good reference photos.

Permission to save them in case the real life colors are asked for again? :D

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

6 hours ago, Brink2Three said:

Those are actually really good reference photos.

Permission to save them in case the real life colors are asked for again? :D

@Brink2Three yes of course, save away! :)