Disk cloning software

Rhoban

Hey people, 

In my rig I've got a 120GB SSD for the OS and a 1TB HDD for storage (mostly games). 

I ordered a 1TB Intel 660P M.2 PCI-E drive to replace the HDD, which should arrive tomorrow, and am looking for a good and reliable cloning software that doesn't give me headaches. Preferably free, but as I'm not going to pay for something that I might use once every couple of years. 

9 minutes ago, Rhoban said:

Hey people, 

In my rig I've got a 120GB SSD for the OS and a 1TB HDD for storage (mostly games). 

I ordered a 1TB Intel 660P M.2 PCI-E drive to replace the HDD, which should arrive tomorrow, and am looking for a good and reliable cloning software that doesn't give me headaches. Preferably free, but as I'm not going to pay for something that I might use once every couple of years. 

Here ya go. https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Use this almost weekly for work. Love it. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Macrium Reflect has a Free edition. I've found it really good for cloning disks. Can boot it from a WinPE environment disk and clone that way, make images, etc - or just clone from within the installed software (Not sure if it slows it down that way, due to OS Read/Write). 

OS is on its own disk. I'm only cloning my drive which has just the game installs. 

I'll check out those programs. Thanks. 

+1 for macrium reflect

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

It's kind of baffling to me that something as simple as this is sold for money. The Windows World™ is strange.

Just use dd on Linux (Live CD/USB Stick/whatever)

> Terminal $ dd if=/your/full/hdd of=/your/empty/ssd

Probably will look something like dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

One line and you're done. (After waiting for the copying to finish)