Help me improve my first build

Hey! I'm planning on doing my first build, since I feel like I can't find anything prebuilt that fits my needs. Which is primarily 3D design (AutoCAD, rhino, SketchUp.. ) and of course the good gaming stuff. This is what it looks like so far, but I would love recommendations for cheaper setup, or a better gaming performance. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  (kr3653.00 @ Dustin Home) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler  (kr658.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Plus Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (kr2068.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (kr1449.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (kr1038.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Video Card: PNY - Quadro P2000 5 GB Video Card  (kr5799.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Power Supply: Corsair - VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit 
Monitor: Acer - T272HLbmjjz 27.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor 
Other: Phanteks P600S 
Total: kr14665.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-01 00:58 CEST+0200

Before the questions come:

- I'm based in Norway, but very possible to buy parts from elsewhere when traveling and what not.

- Budgetwise as cheap as possible, but I still need the specs so I'm not cheaping out. I make my living of the stuff after all..

- Peripherals; I already have everything I need

TUF is a cheap tier from asus, plus you don't need Z370 for a non overclockable board. Also, you really don't want a VS PSU for a nice system, there's better.

Replaced the board with a more suitable one, and used the saved money for better PSU and faster memory, which will help your cad tasks.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, architectmby said:

You most likely do not need a quadro, especially considering it's equal to a 1050ti with that one

You can try a used Vega FE or Titan maxwell or newer card if they're cheap, to get some workstation optimization without going all out for a quadro.

Ryzen 7 is likely good enough and a fair bit cheaper

the Freezer 33 Plus just happened to be cheap on that part picker, 2 fans normally won't be much better compared to having an actual dual tower cooler like the D-15

rough idea for ryzen pricing anyways, Ryzen 3000 is getting a 16 Core option at some point, and this board should handle that fine in the future barring extreme overclocking. Assuming it gets the bios update.

PCPartPicker part list: https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/qN4VHh
Price breakdown by merchant: https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/qN4VHh/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  (kr2258.00 @ Dustin Home)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 Plus CPU Cooler  (kr458.00 @ Dustin Home)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (kr1588.00 @ Dustin Home)
Total: kr4304.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-01 01:14 CEST+0200

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I would get a way better GPU like a 2060 or something

That quadro is ancient 

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

TUF is a cheap tier from asus, plus you don't need Z370 for a non overclockable board. Also, you really don't want a VS PSU for a nice system, there's better.

Replaced the board with a more suitable one, and used the saved money for better PSU and faster memory, which will help your cad tasks.

Very good, thank you! Was supposed to be a k at the end there, may have put the list together a little too quickly.

20 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You most likely do not need a quadro, especially considering it's equal to a 1050ti with that one

You can try a used Vega FE or Titan maxwell or newer card if they're cheap, to get some workstation optimization without going all out for a quadro.

Ryzen 7 is likely good enough and a fair bit cheaper

the Freezer 33 Plus just happened to be cheap on that part picker, 2 fans normally won't be much better compared to having an actual dual tower cooler like the D-15

rough idea for ryzen pricing anyways, Ryzen 3000 is getting a 16 Core option at some point, and this board should handle that fine in the future barring extreme overclocking. Assuming it gets the bios update.

PCPartPicker part list: https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/qN4VHh
Price breakdown by merchant: https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/qN4VHh/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  (kr2258.00 @ Dustin Home)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 Plus CPU Cooler  (kr458.00 @ Dustin Home)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (kr1588.00 @ Dustin Home)
Total: kr4304.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-01 01:14 CEST+0200

Awesome suggestions! If you don't think I need a Quadro, will it be better bang for my buck to go for rtx

50 minutes ago, architectmby said:

Hey! I'm planning on doing my first build, since I feel like I can't find anything prebuilt that fits my needs. Which is primarily 3D design (AutoCAD, rhino, SketchUp.. ) and of course the good gaming stuff. This is what it looks like so far, but I would love recommendations for cheaper setup, or a better gaming performance. 

Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Plus Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (kr2068.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (kr1449.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (kr1038.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Video Card: PNY - Quadro P2000 5 GB Video Card  (kr5799.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Power Supply: Corsair - VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply 
Other: Phanteks P600S 
Total: kr14665.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-01 00:58 CEST+0200

Before the questions come:

- I'm based in Norway, but very possible to buy parts from elsewhere when traveling and what not.

- Budgetwise as cheap as possible, but I still need the specs so I'm not cheaping out. I make my living of the stuff after all..

- Peripherals; I already have everything I need

Other than the GPU this build is good for 3D modeling. If you plan on doing gaming you should look into more consumer grade cards I run a i5-8600k and a GTX 1060 and it handles Inventor Fusion and Solidworks amazingly. I’m guessing the modeling you do is a bit more hard core than what I do. But other than the GPU that build would work fine.

2 minutes ago, Bearmann said:

Thanks mate, I was under the same impression as the article states. Hence the GPU. But I would love to be able to play some games as well, and the question is really if I should go for a high end RTX/GTX instead. Any thoughts, especially considering a RTX 2070 is the same price?

30 minutes ago, architectmby said:

Awesome suggestions! If you don't think I need a Quadro, will it be better bang for my buck to go for rtx

A used 1080ti is the best priced higher end card as fast as a 2080 for hundreds of USD less usually, but what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate for gaming?

If it's only 1080p 60hz you really only need an RX 570 or 580, probably with 8GBs of VRAM for the workstation stuff.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, architectmby said:

Thanks mate, I was under the same impression as the article states. Hence the GPU. But I would love to be able to play some games as well, and the question is really if I should go for a high end RTX/GTX instead. Any thoughts, especially considering a RTX 2070 is the same price?

Sorry, I can't help you here.

Just now, Streetguru said:

A used 1080ti is the best priced higher end card, but what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate for gaming?

If it's only 1080p 60hz you really only need an RX 570 or 580, probably with 8GBs of VRAM for the workstation stuff.

I'm considering a 1440, but I don't really need it yet. Also I would rather be spending money on VR in the future, rather than monitor.

3 minutes ago, architectmby said:

I'm considering a 1440, but I don't really need it yet. Also I would rather be spending money on VR in the future, rather than monitor.

Then probably go for the used 1080ti or Titan XP/Xp route, the titans get you better drivers for some workstation stuff

Or Vega FE though it's slower than the 1080ti for gaming, but has 16GBs of VRAM if that matters, all are good for 1440p

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

Then probably go for the used 1080ti or Titan XP/Xp route, the titans get you better drivers for some workstation stuff

Or Vega FE though it's slower than the 1080ti for gaming, but has 16GBs of VRAM if that matters, all are good for 1440p

First of all thank you. Here's the new list, what do you think now?

Motherboard: Asus - Prime H370-Plus ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (kr1508.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (kr1557.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB AORUS Video Card  (kr5000.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (kr799.00) 
Other: Phanteks P600S (kr1199.00)
Total: kr15412.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-01 04:08 CEST+0200

18 minutes ago, architectmby said:

Also you can install windows 10 for free and just live with a tiny watermark, or buy a very cheap key from ebay or something.

27" 1080p? Only really needed if you have bad eyes or put the monitor pretty far away.

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Also you can install windows 10 for free and just live with a tiny watermark, or buy a very cheap key from ebay or something.

27" 1080p? Only really needed if you have bad eyes or put the monitor pretty far away.

Yeah I know, probably will do that as well.. 

Yeah it's a touchscreen, used for drawing. There is a 23" inch variant as well but I can't find it in any stores. Would rather have that tbh.

8 minutes ago, architectmby said:

Take it you don't need much accuracy? As proper drawing screen tablet things are pretty expensive.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Take it you don't need much accuracy? As proper drawing screen tablet things are pretty expensive.

You are indeed right good sir