My quest to root my "unrootable" phone

This is my second ever post on this forum (although I've lurked for a while) and I'm hoping to find anyone willing to help a newbie out! 

Here goes: I've been pulling my hair out trying to root my WIKO Jerry (running Android 6.0) and so far I've been unsuccessful. I've tried every method I could find but to no avail. I'm completely new to rooting so I might have made some noobish mistakes along the way.

What I've done/tried so far:

- Unlocked bootloader and enabled USB Debugging in the phone's developer options
- Installed ADB/Fastboot drivers (although my device isn't detected in fastboot mode)
- Run every 1 click root software solution (including APK's) under the sun (unsuccessfully)
- Install MTKdroidTools (which couldn't create a scatter file)
- Install Android USB drivers (although I'm unable to install Android Bootloader Interface)

Despite the unlocked bootloader/enabled USB debugging I can't get the phone to be recognized by my pc in fastboot mode. ADB devices recognizes the device just fine.

Why do I want to root this phone so badly? I want to be able to recover my files (mostly photos) after a recent (and accidental) factory reset. I tried using Diskdigger but for a full scan I need root access to the file system!

Thanks in advance! Any feedback/help/tips are appreciated!

52 minutes ago, RoyalSpud said:

Despite the unlocked bootloader/enabled USB debugging I can't get the phone to be recognized by my pc in fastboot mode. ADB devices recognizes the device just fine.

have u installed the fastboot driver? try installing 15 second adb installer.

also try recuva..i used it before and it doesnt require any root access..it simply read it as a drive..its not an apk.its.for.pc.

but it is useless tbh your data is partially or even completely gone as it has been overwritten by the system in the resetting.process..

and i.dont think u can root that phone if there is no exploit for it on the net

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Thanks for your reply!

5 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

have u installed the fastboot driver? try installing 15 second adb installer.

Yes, I have

also try recuva..i used it before and it doesnt require any root access..it simply read it as a drive..its not an apk.its.for.pc.

I've tried using Recuva but it doesn't work trough the MTP protocol. I'd have to mount the drive using something like Filezilla. The walktrough I checked for that seems to require SU (which in turn requires root access). Link: https://howtorecover.me/data-recovery-internal-storage-android-phone-guide

but it is useless tbh your data is partially or even completely gone as it has been overwritten by the system in the resetting.process..

I remember reading somewhereTM that data remains on the internal storage after a hard reset but the OS tells the drive it's empty (like a pc recycling bin) so old data can't be accessed but only overwritten

and i.dont think u can root that phone if there is no exploit for it on the net

That would be a damn shame :(

i see..so all u need to do is to root the phone and hope that ur data is still recoverable but root is not something you can do to everyphone..one exploit most of the times wont work on other phone so each phone require specific exploit.. but now that u have unlocked the bl.. u can find pre rooted custom.rom and flash it to your phone.

that is if you can find one for your phone.

only then you will be able to do what u are trying to do but..your data will get overwritten in the flashing.process..which defeat the.whole.purpose.

if u really care about your data, some data recovery expert can do it for you..but it will.cost u a lot..and i personally didnt feel comfortable handing over my data to another.person.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

30 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

i see..so all u need to do is to root the phone and hope that ur data is still recoverable but root is not something you can do to everyphone..one exploit most of the times wont work on other phone so each phone require specific exploit.. but now that u have unlocked the bl.. u can find pre rootd custom.rom and flash it to your phone.

that is if you can find one for your phone.

only then you will be able to do what u are trying to do but..your data will get overwritten in the flashing.process..which is defeat the.whole.purpose.

if u really care about your data, some data recovery expert can do it for you..but it will.cost u a lot..and i personally didnt feel comfortable handing over my data to another.person.

I did actually find a pre rooted boot img for this phone. But since the device isn't recognized in Fastboot mode I can't flash it.. But if my data will be overwritten by flasing a different ROM anyways it might be a lost cause and a cautionary tale..