Noob looking for help building his first server.

Been building systems for a while. But I have never built a server. I'd like to build one for cloud/streaming for the house and to host my domain( if that is possible) been paying to have it hosted since 1994, I think I have put the owner of the hosting service kids through college.  Thank you in advance for any help/info you can give.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What are you hosting on your website?

Budget?

How much sotrage do you need?

Do you care about power usage? Noise?

Well, I was thinking about hosting my own, but do not know much about the ins and outs. DO not want to throw a lot of money at it, this is just something that has caught my eye. Plus I have no aide the cost. as with anything tech, you can throw a lot of money at it.  I am looking to use 6 to 10 tb storage. Power usage,( my work system pulls 800 plus watts)  just want it to be something for the household to use, for my wife and daughter to be able to backup school and work stuff and to be able to stream movies, etc.  Noise would like it kind of quite as it would be in the attic where the router and cell booster is at.  I know it is a lot, thank you for taking the time it respond to this topic

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

10 minutes ago, Ravenbear said:

Well, I was thinking about hosting my own, but do not know much about the ins and outs. DO not want to throw a lot of money at it, this is just something that has caught my eye. Plus I have no aide the cost. as with anything tech, you can throw a lot of money at it.  I am looking to use 6 to 10 tb storage. Power usage,( my work system pulls 800 plus watts)  just want it to be something for the household to use, for my wife and daughter to be able to backup school and work stuff and to be able to stream movies, etc.  Noise would like it kind of quite as it would be in the attic where the router and cell booster is at.  I know it is a lot, thank you for taking the time it respond to this topic

Do you mind going used? Id get something like a dell r510 here. Get a few drives, and run the os of your choosing on it(id personally run a hypervisor like proxmox)

If you want something simple, id get something like a synology. Easy to use box, nice web interface. Just put your drives in and your good to go.