PC restarts when I start a game

r0gu3

My PC restarts whenever I start playing games on it. It happens in only some games like apex legends and dauntless. Games likes Dark souls 3, COD WW2, BF1 etc runs smoothly and it is not even overheating. My PC is restarting in some older titles like COD advanced warfare, watch dogs etc. The games starts, cut scene plays and as soon as the campaign is about to start. There will be no display I will be getting the game sound and the PC will restart moments later. Can someone here help me with this issue please.

Hi!

Are the games running from the same SSD/HDD as your Windows installation? The reason I'm asking is that I've encountered a problem not too long ago where a gaming PC had a faulty system SSD, and everytime a game was started from that SSD, it gave up and the system rebooted suddenly.

My only talent in life is troubleshooting and fixing stuff.

38 minutes ago, TheKent said:

Hi!

Are the games running from the same SSD/HDD as your Windows installation? The reason I'm asking is that I've encountered a problem not too long ago where a gaming PC had a faulty system SSD, and everytime a game was started from that SSD, it gave up and the system rebooted suddenly.

Yes it is running from the same HDD

Apex and Dauntless are running from the system drive, while Dark Souls, COD, BF and so on are running on a different drive? 

2 minutes ago, TheKent said:

Apex and Dauntless are running from the system drive, while Dark Souls, COD, BF and so on are running on a different drive? 

All the games are in the same drive.

15 minutes ago, r0gu3 said:

All the games are in the same drive.

Could have been overheating if this happened when playing resource hogging games, but this seems weirdly specific. I would also suggest the possibility of a faulty power supply, but again, you would have problems in most games. 

Maybe someone else will disagree, but I'm still suspicious of the drive. Have you tried running CHKDSK? 

Here's a nice little guide: https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/#CHKDSK_in_Windows_10

1 minute ago, TheKent said:

Could have been overheating if this happened when playing resource hogging games, but this seems weirdly specific. I would also suggest the possibility of a faulty power supply, but again, you would have problems in most games. 

Maybe someone else will disagree, but I'm still suspicious of the drive. Have you tried running CHKDSK? 

Here's a nice little guide: https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/#CHKDSK_in_Windows_10

I will run CHKDSK, and I don't the think it is caused due to overheating I checked the temperatures it is well under 70 degrees. I also suspect it might be the PSU.

1 minute ago, r0gu3 said:

I will run CHKDSK, and I don't the think it is caused due to overheating I checked the temperatures it is well under 70 degrees. I also suspect it might be the PSU.

Good luck, let us know how the CHKDSK went :) 

22 minutes ago, TheKent said:

Good luck, let us know how the CHKDSK went :) 

ran CHKDSK, no issues with HDD.

21 hours ago, r0gu3 said:

ran CHKDSK, no issues with HDD.

Okay, then the drive is good, at least.

Have you checked that your graphic card drivers are updated to the latest version? :)

3 hours ago, TheKent said:

Okay, then the drive is good, at least.

Have you checked that your graphic card drivers are updated to the latest version? :)

Changed the PSU, it solved the problem thanks