Is this PS3 Cpu Damaged?

gMemo92

Sorry. I coudn't think of anywhere to post this. I tried reddit, psx scene etc. all those websites won't let me post. I don't even know why i have accounts there. Hoping it posts here.

So here is a pic of the PS3 CPU. I delided both chips but i scratched an area on the bottom right area. Now from what i've seen there is no traces around that area but after deliding the PS3 gives me YLOD. At first it gave me a black screen for about 4  - 5 seconds then an extremely loud fan noise probably because it overheated and then it shut down. So i left it like that. Next day i dissambled it and repasted the system and made sure everything was making contact with each other. Thats where i am getting YLOD. Thing is. I am thinking it has to do with that scratch on the CPU. But there is no traces that got damaged. Unless there is a trace around that area that got damaged. Anyone know much about the PS3's Cell CPU? Maybe someone can point me out for sure that i did damage a trace. If it's not a trace that got damaged. I don't know what else it could be. Before deliding it was working fine. ( i was playing black ops 1 and 2 ) Hoping someone knows for sure.

DSC00015 - Copy.JPG

I don't see it. No. There is nothing damaged on the visible traces. I've checked it multiple times. The only thing that is scratched is that part on the bottom right. Just makes no sense that i'm getting ylod.