Need help troubleshooting computer (Power issues)

Go to solution Solved by Ankerson,

The PSU is the very 1st thing those companies cheap out on so I am not at all surprised.

It's almost like the customers should get the PC's without one so they can buy a good unit.

I haven't seen too many on the forums that have been worth a shit really.

People would be better off building their own.

There are a few companies around that you can fully spec out the systems however, pick all the parts so people know what exactly is going in it.

The OP systems looks to me like they really cut costs on a lot, the ram and MB are exactly great either.

So, I got bought this computer prebuilt from Cyberpower PC ( Don't laugh ) because I really didn't feel competent enough to build one myself this December, anyway about a week in or so the computer just randomly shuts down, like powers off. 
It was not overheating or anything, I checked.
So I decided to contact Cyberpower PC support and I removed the power supply and sent it back to them and they gave me a new one.
About 2 days later it shuts off completely again while playing gta 5, so I turned off the power supply and turned it back on.
It will just shut off randomly even when it's idled.

Did I just get unlucky with another faulty PSU?

Should I buy a completely new PSU off Newegg or Amazon? (Also they mentioned if the PSU breaks any other component on the computer, the warranty would be void so that's a yikes.)
Or should I just go to a PC repair shop
or send it back to them which would be pretty expensive and not worth it IMO.

The PSU is an EVGA 600w (No idea what exact model since I modified the order through email, so It didn't update the part list on the site.) 

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)
GPU: Evga GTX 1060 3gb (STOCK)
RAM: Geil Potenza 8gb 
SSD/HDD: WD green 120gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD
MOBO: Asus x470-Plus Gaming
PSU: Evga SuperNova 650 P2
Cooling: Antec 120mm liquid cooler

7 minutes ago, Esus said:

The PSU is an EVGA 600w

photo of the label? because that doesn't sound good...

19 minutes ago, Esus said:

Should I buy a completely new PSU off Newegg or Amazon? (Also they mentioned if the PSU breaks any other component on the computer, the warranty would be void so that's a yikes.)

No. You still have warranty with Cyberpower, so talk to them about getting it fixed.

If the problem is still occurring after replacing the PSU, then it probably wasn't the PSU.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

36 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

photo of the label? because that doesn't sound good...

are you looking for the serial number and such? Im not home right now, but I do have this

unnamed.jpg

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)

22 minutes ago, Spotty said:

No. You still have warranty with Cyberpower, so talk to them about getting it fixed.

If the problem is still occurring after replacing the PSU, then it probably wasn't the PSU.

Yeah, It would probably be cheaper to bring it to a shop or something.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)

7 hours ago, Esus said:

are you looking for the serial number and such? Im not home right now, but I do have this

w1

that's what i was looking for

that thing is really crappy imho, i would swap it

Friends don't let friends use W1's. :D

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

7 hours ago, Ankerson said:

Friends don't let friends use W1's. :D

Oof. I heard the PSU that cyberpower supplies causes power surges and it was awful, I heard some computers even fried because of it, they just suggested getting an EVGA one.

I honestly had no idea about parts at the time.

7 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

w1

that's what i was looking for

that thing is really crappy imho, i would swap it

Just bought a evga supernova p2 650w. 

Hopefully I just had another shitty psu. 

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)

2 minutes ago, Esus said:

Just bought a evga supernova p2 650w. 

Hopefully I just had another shitty psu. 

w1 generally is crap

the p2 is about the best evga has to offer

7 hours ago, Esus said:

Holy crap!  I had no idea CyberpowerPC used such shitty PSUs in their builds.  Usually I've seen half way decent High Power or Thermaltake units in their builds.

As for the P2:  You shouldn't spring for such an expensive PSU for your build.  You should send this piece of garbage back to CyberpowerPC and tell them to give you something completely different.   Because if there is a problem with the new PSU and any other part gets damaged, you are screwed with your warranty.

4 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Holy crap!  I had no idea CyberpowerPC used such shitty PSUs in their builds.  Usually I've seen half way decent High Power or Thermaltake units in their builds.

As for the P2:  You shouldn't spring for such an expensive PSU for your build.  You should send this piece of garbage back to CyberpowerPC and tell them to give you something completely different.   Because if there is a problem with the new PSU and any other part gets damaged, you are screwed with your warranty.

It’s unlikely that they would, IF they did it would probably be some cheaper model.

cyberpower and their parent companies is all about making the most amount of money possible. 

I also REALLY don’t want to send the whole pc back for service. 

I think If the pc is still fucked I’m just going to take it to a shop.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)

43 minutes ago, Esus said:

cyberpower and their parent companies is all about making the most amount of money possible. 

I'm familiar with CyberPowerPC/iBuyPower.  I know people there.

Like I said.. using that EVGA W1 is unusually shitty of them.

The PSU is the very 1st thing those companies cheap out on so I am not at all surprised.

It's almost like the customers should get the PC's without one so they can buy a good unit.

There are a few companies around that you can fully spec out the systems however, pick all the parts so people know what exactly is going in it.

The OP systems looks to me like they really cut costs on a lot, the ram and MB are exactly great either.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

8 hours ago, Ankerson said:

not including a PSU isn't really an option unfortunately, but I suppose you could just stick with default PSU that they provide then switch it out.

And yes,  they did cut the cost the 1060 is a 3gb variant, but it originally had the  r5 2600, but it was like $5 dollars more to get the 2600x so I got it lol

On 3/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, jonnyGURU said:

I'm familiar with CyberPowerPC/iBuyPower.  I know people there.

Like I said.. using that EVGA W1 is unusually shitty of them.

It's a business at the end of the day, their support is really good though, through emails anyway. They respond within 24 hours which is pretty nice and they're also super helpful. Lots of people had negative opinions on it though.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)