Is it better to play on a gaming monitor or the natural laptop screen?

slayerming2
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
1 minute ago, slayerming2 said:

Sorry not familiar with iGPU or dGPU, what's the difference and how can I tell?

iGPU - Integrated GPU on the CPU

dGPU - Dedicated GPU on a separate card

iGPU is usually (much) weaker than the dGPU. The only way you can tell is to plug in an external monitor and it shows up in the dGPU's control panel software or you set the external monitor as the primary display and game performance is as expected.

So trying to get better at R6S.

So I have a gaming laptop with a 13 inch screen and a 27 inch omen gaming monitor connected to it.

Always figured it would be better to play on a slightly bigger screen, but I wonder if it would be better to play on the smaller screen?

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, slayerming2 said:

So I have a gaming laptop with a 13 inch screen and a 27 inch omen gaming monitor connected to it.

Always figured it would be better to play on a slightly bigger screen, but I wonder if it would be better to play on the smaller screen?

you have both, you can certainly see for yourself.

Also, a monitor being a "gaming' monitor isn't a factor, if it has higher refresh rate or resolution then it'll look better but not being a "gaming" monitor.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

This is purely preference.

The only issue is if the external monitor port is connected to the iGPU or dGPU if you have a hybrid graphics setup.

1 minute ago, slayerming2 said:

iGPU - Integrated GPU on the CPU

dGPU - Dedicated GPU on a separate card

iGPU is usually (much) weaker than the dGPU. The only way you can tell is to plug in an external monitor and it shows up in the dGPU's control panel software or you set the external monitor as the primary display and game performance is as expected.