Finalizing this build. Any advice would be appreciated.

pineSolo

I made sure that the second fan for nhd15 will have clearance over the ram, but I'm not really sure how to approach the other dimensional issues that may arise. Any advice would be appreciated.

What's the use case for this PC?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

31 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

What's the use case for this PC?

Gaming/streaming/video editing/rendering.

2 minutes ago, pineSolo said:

Gaming/streaming/video editing/rendering.

ok, editing with huge files does put the NVMe drive to good use. The rig is pretty solid then.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I appreciate you putting this build together, but it seems like overall it's just a downgrade. Essentially it's jut a tier lower build performance wise while only saving me a fraction of the cost.

1 minute ago, pineSolo said:

I appreciate you putting this build together, but it seems like overall it's just a downgrade. Essentially it's jut a tier lower build performance wise while only saving me a fraction of the cost.

oh, you're video editing too

one can do

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Is there a benefit I'm missing from that gpu besides the extra vram? From first glance it looks like it's significantly more expensive with worse performance. I'm pretty sure I won't need the extra 8gb of vram so seems like a waste of money.

Also, I've read that the Intel 660p doesn't do well under stress which is why I chose the combination of samsung storage options instead.

2 minutes ago, pineSolo said:

Is there a benefit I'm missing from that gpu besides the extra vram? From first glance it looks like it's significantly more expensive with worse performance. I'm pretty sure I won't need the extra 8gb of vram so seems like a waste of money.

it's actually around a 2080... so that 2070 is going to be slammed hardcore

and btw, it's hbm2 vs gddr6 too

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's actually around a 2080... so that 2070 is going to be slammed hardcore

and btw, it's hbm2 vs gddr6 too

I'm not the most experienced in the field so I've been making most of my decisions off of data that people have put out there rather than my own knowledge, but according to this the 2070 performs better :/ and then the 2080 is better than both.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/GeForce-RTX-2070-vs-Radeon-VII-vs-GeForce-RTX-2080/4001vs4050vs3989

6 minutes ago, pineSolo said:

I'm not the most experienced in the field so I've been making most of my decisions off of data that people have put out there rather than my own knowledge, but according to this the 2070 performs better :/ and then the 2080 is better than both.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/GeForce-RTX-2070-vs-Radeon-VII-vs-GeForce-RTX-2080/4001vs4050vs3989

then you have the wrong sources

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2080-vs-AMD-Radeon-VII/4026vs4035

widespread, it's not like i do this in my favor

and btw, driver issues have been fixed

Edited by LukeSavenije