Corsair Void Surround Wired??

KhakiHat

SO.

Last night my headphones were working 100% okay, today is a different story.

Today the mic only works if put in a certain orientation and if not, has enormous amounts of static or just doesn't work at all. I've already updated the firmware and the software running the mic. The volume mixer has also already been adjusted (I use windows).

So do I need a new mic/headset or has someone else also experienced this and has a fix maybe?

i think your headset is done dude, i have the same one and have never had this probem

you can try wiggiling the wire around ti see if that makes a differnce but i think is done for

(Take anything I say with a grain of salt)

[Main Pc] CPU, i5 9600k GPU, Asus Strix RTX 2060, RAM, 16b Team Group Delta RGB, PSU, Seasonic Px-750 plat , Cooler, Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML120L RGB, Storage, 500gb Samsung 950 evo/1tb WD blue/2tb HDD,Case, Enermax ECA3520. + some cooler master RGB fans

[Laptop] Dell G3, i7-8750H (Turbo 4.2 Ghz), Gtx 1050 ti , 8gb 2669 mhz, 128gb nvme ssd, 1tb HDD

[Server]

[Consoles] Pretty much almost every popular one you can think of besides for like Xbox and some Sega Stuff( Playstation especially)

[Mobile Devices] iPhone XR 64gb (Red) gb, iPad Air 2 128gb, Space Grey,  Ipod Shuffle Space Grey

1 hour ago, Lagercat1 said:

i think your headset is done dude, i have the same one and have never had this probem

you can try wiggiling the wire around ti see if that makes a differnce but i think is done for

Same thing I was thinking, I was just hoping someone would have some miracle idea. Sad part is I've had them less than a year.

4 hours ago, KhakiHat said:

Same thing I was thinking, I was just hoping someone would have some miracle idea. Sad part is I've had them less than a year.

If that's the case you could maybe reach out to corsair... What's their warranty on those?

15 hours ago, Vandey said:

If that's the case you could maybe reach out to corsair... What's their warranty on those?

I haven't even checked, but I don't have any of the original packaging nor receipts for proof of purchase. I wasn't really expecting them to fail so soon, I was hoping to get a good year or 2 out of them at least.

They still work, mic included, just the mic is definitely a little quirky now. The whole certain orientation is a bit annoying and when I am in a group voice chat, if I even slightly bump the mic is blasts anyone I am talking to from what they have compared to an explosion on static.Very deafening.

2 hours ago, KhakiHat said:

I haven't even checked, but I don't have any of the original packaging nor receipts for proof of purchase. I wasn't really expecting them to fail so soon, I was hoping to get a good year or 2 out of them at least.

They still work, mic included, just the mic is definitely a little quirky now. The whole certain orientation is a bit annoying and when I am in a group voice chat, if I even slightly bump the mic is blasts anyone I am talking to from what they have compared to an explosion on static.Very deafening.

i think you just got that 1 in a million chance of geting a busted one, if you can retern it go for it if you cant you just have a headset that shoots out sound grenades

(Take anything I say with a grain of salt)

[Main Pc] CPU, i5 9600k GPU, Asus Strix RTX 2060, RAM, 16b Team Group Delta RGB, PSU, Seasonic Px-750 plat , Cooler, Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML120L RGB, Storage, 500gb Samsung 950 evo/1tb WD blue/2tb HDD,Case, Enermax ECA3520. + some cooler master RGB fans

[Laptop] Dell G3, i7-8750H (Turbo 4.2 Ghz), Gtx 1050 ti , 8gb 2669 mhz, 128gb nvme ssd, 1tb HDD

[Server]

[Consoles] Pretty much almost every popular one you can think of besides for like Xbox and some Sega Stuff( Playstation especially)

[Mobile Devices] iPhone XR 64gb (Red) gb, iPad Air 2 128gb, Space Grey,  Ipod Shuffle Space Grey

3 hours ago, KhakiHat said:

I'd still reach out to them, they may not need all that information. Some of the larger companies will just help in general. I had an ASUS motherboard that was 5 years old or so that functioned as a media center. They decided to replace it with an RMA and sent me a brand new board back. It was a motherboard I bought off ebay used, so I wasn't even the original owner. If you ask me it's worth asking.