Internet Connection on my Computer Randomly Dropping

Cpanza1

Let me start by saying my Internet will randomly drop and I'll be playing a game and I'll either get kicked and have to wait 5 mins to reconnect or, in games like rocket league I'll get 30 second ping spikes of around 1000 ping... so that's the problem. So I have a Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 usb3.0 network adapter and I've tried using it in my case USB 3 ports, my motherboard USB3, USB3.1, and Normal USB ports and it will still drop... my connection doesnt always drop but it does randomly and usually at least 3 times a day I'm not sure if it's a computer side or a problem with the adapter... I can say though my computer thinks from time to time that the adapter is a ejectable USB device and wants me to eject it before I remove it sometimes... so if anyone can help me find a solution or if I should buy a new USB network adapter or a PCIE network adapter... Thanks!

Sounds like maybe you should try a pcie adapter, more integrated that way and  (hopefully) more reliable.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Command prompt running in the background for each of these commands:

ping 8.8.8.8 -t
ping <router ip> -t
ping <modem ip> -t
ping 127.0.0.1 -t

If only 8.8.8.8 goes out it's your ISP.
If 8.8.8.8 and <modem IP> go out, it's your modem

If 8.8.8.8, <router IP>, and <modem IP> go out, it's your router
If all 4 go out it's your computer's network configuration

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

2 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Command prompt running in the background for each of these commands:

If only 8.8.8.8 goes out it's your ISP.
If 8.8.8.8 and <modem IP> go out, it's your modem

If 8.8.8.8, <router IP>, and <modem IP> go out, it's your router
If all 4 go out it's your computer's network configuration

Ok I'll try this but wouldnt be my computer because the internet symbol will go away and then where it says wifi will just completely dissapear