Ultra budget pc for a friend

What's the budget? Maybe we can get him something with better upgrade options at the same price

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

26 minutes ago, Ivan the russian said:

See any problems with it?

Yeah....

Swap gtx 780ti with a r9 290x or non-x. Both are miles jetter today and should be had for the same or cheaper. 

Pick up 8GB of Ram. 4GB isnt enough.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Yeah....

Swap gtx 780ti with a r9 290x or non-x. Both are miles jetter today and should be had for the same or cheaper. 

Pick up 8GB of Ram. 4GB isnt enough.

The optiplex comes with 4gb that’s why I have a second 4gb stick and I’ll check out the r9 290 or 290x thanks

3 minutes ago, Ivan the russian said:

The optiplex comes with 4gb that’s why I have a second 4gb stick and I’ll check out the r9 290 or 290x thanks

Try getting aftermarket cooler.

While the 780ti and 290x were neck and neck back in the day. Drivers and lack of optimization for the 780ti and its lack of Vram has lead to the 290x grabbing a good lead while performing a lot better in modern titles. 

try looking for optiplex 790. they come with a 2600 and should be a bit better but more maybe even a bit cheaper. my company sells their old hardware to employes at low cost. i see those frequently. and our at least already come with 8gigs ram. which shouldnt be that uncommon since they were workstations. 

and then maybe theres more budget for the gpu. im not sure what to recommend at that price point but try at least getting something with directx12 support

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

6 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

try looking for optiplex 790. they come with a 2600 and should be a bit better but more maybe even a bit cheaper. my company sells their old hardware to employes at low cost. i see those frequently. and our at least already come with 8gigs ram. which shouldnt be that uncommon since they were workstations. 

and then maybe theres more budget for the gpu. im not sure what to recommend at that price point but try at least getting something with directx12 support

The 790 comes with a 2400 and 4gb of ram however it is cheaper so that is a good option

3 minutes ago, Ivan the russian said:

The 790 comes with a 2400 and 4gb of ram however it is cheaper so that is a good option

but also with the 2600 and  8 gigs. and i would only suggest switching to that one. dont see the point in going from 3rd gen i5 to 2nd gen i5. i was trying to get 8 threads and a bit more performance. unless the difference is like 60 bucks i wouldnt recommend it.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 minute ago, cluelessgenius said:

but also with the 2600 and  8 gigs. and i would only suggest switching to that one. dont see the point in going from 3rd gen i5 to 2nd gen i5. i was trying to get 8 threads and a bit more performance. unless the difference is like 60 bucks i wouldnt recommend it.

I'm not seeing any of those on the market for any price so ill keep everything the same except swap to a 290x 4gb

Just now, Ivan the russian said:

I'm not seeing any of those on the market for any price so ill keep everything the same except swap to a 290x 4gb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-790-i7-2600-3-4GHz-8GB-RAM-250GB-HDD-Win-7-Home-Good-Condition/401679956684?hash=item5d85fdbacc:g:2Z8AAOSwk4RcMPW4

dont know where youre from but other sites like craigslist and so on are often better for used parts since you can talk them down a little.

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-790-i7-2600-3-4GHz-8GB-RAM-250GB-HDD-Win-7-Home-Good-Condition/401679956684?hash=item5d85fdbacc:g:2Z8AAOSwk4RcMPW4

dont know where youre from but other sites like craigslist and so on are often better for used parts since you can talk them down a little.

i thought you meant i5 that explains things

Just now, Ivan the russian said:

i thought you meant i5 that explains things

the 2400 was the i5 the 2600 has always been the i7. i mean if you can find one get a k version. even better but the non k is also great for money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W