can you play hardcore games like fortnight and call of duty off of cellular hotspots

Alexthenoobgamer101

can you play hardcore games like fortnight and call of duty off of cellular hotspots  

10 members have voted

1. 1. can you play hardcore games like fortnight and call of duty off of cellular hotspots

• yes
    • no
    • kinda

Yes. I've played FFXIV (an MMORPG) using my phone without issues.

Before you go "but it's an RPG!", the game requires reacting to mechanics and to execute combos, so ping times are important for high level performance. But I saw no noticeable issues with lag affecting my performance when I did it.

Matter's what the latency is, going from broadband to mobile for me is 60ms to 140ms, and i wont play fps game at 100ms+.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Yes. I've played FFXIV (an MMORPG) using my phone without issues.

Before you go "but it's an RPG!", the game requires reacting to mechanics and to execute combos, so ping times are important for high level performance. But I saw no noticeable issues with lag affecting my performance when I did it.

XIV gives you more time tho, like trying to stun in XI would be a different story.

13 minutes ago, Alexthenoobgamer101 said:

can you?

It would be dependent on your connection to the internet and especially the transfer rate and latency associated. I would say that it is definitely possible although not optimal in all cases as connections can vary. Although, radio waves are susceptible to signal loss and other issues with consistency being possible, so in most cases WI-FI would be more optimal and a wired connection would be the most optimal as a general statement.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

I play Insurgency (FPS) with Verizon mobile hotspot occasionally. it works, but at time can be a bit laggy.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Of course you can. Should you, probably not.

Latency on 4G for me is like 50-100ms above my Cable, and the connection stability is worse than the built in wifi on my modem.