Phone Suggestions

Donut417

Ive been looking at phones for a while. I even had a thread asking about the One Plus 6T and iPhones. Im just not sure what I want. Im not sure if I could leave Android as Ive been with Android since my first real phone the Samsung Moment. So Im looking for suggestions on some devices. For the record Apple wise I was looking at the iPhone XR as it seems to be the one in my price range and I can finance it thru TMobile. I would like a few Android options however. My budget it going to be $600 if I have to buy it out right or up to $750 if its offered from TMobile. 

Features wise:

Must

1. USB Type C, only because I have chargers for it from my OnePlus 3T
  2. Finger Print reader (Preferred  on the front) 
  3. NFC (Mobile Payments, Google Pay and Chase Pay) 
  4. Working Bluetooth (Something my OnePlus 3T does not have)
  5. 64 Gigs of storage 
  6. At least 5.5" Screen 
  7. At least 1080p 
  8. NON SAMSUNG (No exceptions) 
  9. Android Auto Capable 

Would Like

1. Standardize fast charging (One thing I hate about One Plus, they use their own standard) 
  2. Wireless Charging (Qi) 
  3. Semi Durable 
  4. Decent battery life
  5. Headphone jack or at least an adapter 

Phone will be used for texting, Surfing the internet, some videos (Youtube, Netlfix and Hulu), Security (Google authenticator and lastpass) as well as with my Fitbit. While I dont do much Mobile gaming, I have thought about getting back in to Pokemon Go, it would be great exercise for me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

just get a poco phone from xiaomi. 

Edit: since you have a decent budget.... get mi 9 with the newest snapdragon 855. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

8 hours ago, Saksham said:

Samsung is a no go. Had a bad experience with one of their phones. My sister and mom both had bad experiences with their phones has well. As long as the finger print reader is on the front of the phone I dont care if its under the glass. 

Xiaomi Mi 8 or Mi 9 will fit that.

Mi 8 has the Fingerprint sensor on the back (but it can be 100-150€ cheaper. Goes for 370€ with 128gb).

Mi 9 has a Front In-Display-Sensor (like Oneplus 6T), and comes with a higher price point - but still pretty much the cheapest (almost-)non-compromise flaggship.

USB-C: Be aware if you use the Oneplus 3 Charger. Oneplus has a proprietary Charging technology, which does NOT work with a non-oneplus device. Chances are high, that you will drop to standard slow charging speed with other devices. Just use their own Chargers~

Cables won't be an issue.

49 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

USB-C: Be aware if you use the Oneplus 3 Charger. Oneplus has a proprietary Charging technology, which does NOT work with a non-oneplus device. Chances are high, that you will drop to standard slow charging speed with other devices. Just use their own Chargers~

Not a concern. I will use the 1+ charging cable in my car for Android Auto, because the current cord I use is like 10 ft and I think it's the cause of the issues I have with Android Auto. 

8 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Xiaomi Mi 8 or Mi 9 will fit that.

Mi 8 has the Fingerprint sensor on the back (but it can be 100-150€ cheaper. Goes for 370€ with 128gb).

Mi 9 has a Front In-Display-Sensor (like Oneplus 6T), and comes with a higher price point - but still pretty much the cheapest (almost-)non-compromise flaggship.

I looked at both of those phones, they both look nice. Though they have not been released yet. Also, USD pricing wasnt really clear. I just got some hands on time with an iPhone 6S, more looking at the App Store to see if the apps I require are there. Part of the reason Im thinking Apple is due to software. Android is a fragmented mess of an OS. So my question is how long can I expect Xiaomi to support their devices with Software updates? 

Probably 2-3 years easily. Xiaomi is said to have very frequent updates, and most users are very pleased.

Of course, you won't get 5-6 years updates, on ANY Android.

However, an iPhone 6s is a few years old so.. maybe only 2 more years of updates left. At least not more than on modern android flaggships.

3 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Probably 2-3 years easily. Xiaomi is said to have very frequent updates, and most users are very pleased.

Of course, you won't get 5-6 years updates, on ANY Android.

However, an iPhone 6s is a few years old so.. maybe only 2 more years of updates left. At least not more than on modern android flaggships.

I wasnt going to get the 6s, I was looking at the XR, its just my aunt has a 6S, so I had opportunity to look over at the APP store to make sure the APP's I needed where there. For the most part they were.