FLAC vs MP3 320Kbps

Wanted-x

In which kind of audio gear i can find the difference between Lossless FLAC vs MP3 320Kbps? ??

It will be better to provide amazon link??

It's pretty hard to tell the difference between the 2. Their is a subtle difference but it's pretty hard to notice especially with modern music. You would need a good DAC and a good transparent amp I don't know your budget so I can't really recommend anything. And a really good pair of headphones

45 minutes ago, Wanted-x said:

In which kind of audio gear i can find the difference between Lossless FLAC vs MP3 320Kbps? ??

The difference is very subtle and it's mostly in the very high frequencies, and it really depends on the kind of music you listen to, if you're talking Pop or Hiphop or whatever then you'll most likely not notice anything, again even if you did (no specific genre) you'll be looking very hard to hear the difference.

Any Studio Grade gear should do fine, and it shouldn't really be that expensive, by Studio grade i mean companies who label themselves as mainly for studios, not "gamer-y" or trendy crap, also always Over-ear headphones for best results.

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 ohm: https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-770-PRO-Studio-Headphone/dp/B07H45HG23  (32 Ohm important)
Audio Technica ATH-M50x: https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86

Behringer UMC22 Audio Interface: https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UMC22-BEHRINGER-U-PHORIA/dp/B00FFIGZF6

You can definitely go for cheaper than those headphones if you want.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

The difference is very subtle and it's mostly in the very high frequencies, and it really depends on the kind of music you listen to, if you're talking Pop or Hiphop or whatever then you'll most likely not notice anything, again even if you did (no specific genre) you'll be looking very hard to hear the difference.

Any Studio Grade gear should do fine, and it shouldn't really be that expensive, by Studio grade i mean companies who label themselves as mainly for studios, not "gamer-y" crap, also always Over-ear headphones for best results.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86
https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UMC22-BEHRINGER-U-PHORIA/dp/B00FFIGZF6

You can definitely go for cheaper than those headphones if you want.

I would not reccomend the ath m50x's as you can definitely get better headphones at that price point such as dt 770 pro or hd 58x for open backs

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

I would not reccomend the ath m50x's as you can definitely get better headphones at that price point such as dt 770 pro or hd 58x for open backs

I'll edit the post

good starter  DACs are the schiit modi , JDS ODAC or massdrop SDAC.

the most transparent amp right now for around a $100 is the JDS Labs atom. other alternatives are the monolith liquid spark not as transparent but plenty transparent but built waay better than the atom. the other would be schiit magni it doesn't sound as good as the other 2 and isn't built as well as as the liquid spark but is more powerful than the other 2.\

you have a great amount of choice for headphones it would all depend on budget and preferences such as if you want open back or closed. 

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

the most transparent amp right now for around a $100 is the JDS Labs atom. other alternatives are the monolith liquid spark not as transparent but plenty transparent but built waay better than the atom. the other would be schiit magni it doesn't sound as good as the other 2 and isn't built as well as as the liquid spark but is more powerful than the other 2.\

Things get really expensive when you buy the AMP and DAC separately, for someone like him it would be more reasonable to go with the Audio Interface route, he might not even notice anything between FLAC/MP3 but the price he'll pay would still definitely be worth it regardless

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

Things get really expensive when you buy the AMP and DAC separately, for someone like him it would be more reasonable to go with the Audio Interface route, he might not even notice anything between FLAC/MP3 but the price he'll pay would still definitely be worth it regardless

I agree but I was just giving him a great jumping off point. but we don't know what kind of guy he is other than the fact that he doesn't know much about audio

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

I agree but I was just giving him a great jumping off point. but we don't know what kind of guy he is other than the fact that he doesn't know much about audio

That's true, but i'm just pointing it out, it's up to him to decide in the end

16 hours ago, Wanted-x said:

High quality MP3 compression mostly affects the high frequencies. Distortion and noise can be heard in things like bright cymbals or "s" sounds in vocals. Most studio monitors (I have KRK RP5G2's) with good tweeters will be able to reveal it, and headphones that cover up to 22KHz or so generally can as well (I have vintage Sony MDR V6 that really show it, but the newer versions have a darker tone that may make it more difficult to hear.)