Upgrading my setup - TO THE MAX

Hi fellow tech enthusiast. I´m lookin for advice and some specific question regarding my current setup and plans to upgrade it.

Currently my PC Setup look like this:

PC

• Motherboard: Intel Z87, 
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 4670K, Quad Core, Intel Socket 1150
  • RAM-minne: 16 GB, 1600 MHz, DDR3
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
  • Powersupply: 600 W
  • SSD: 250 Samsung Evo 
  • HDD: 2 TB Western Digital
  • Chassi: Midtower

Peripherals

• 2x ASUS vg248qe, 144hz, 1ms, 1920x1080
  • Corsair K95 RGB
  • RODE Nt USB
  • Audio Technica m50x bluetooth
  • Razer Deathadder
  • Logitech B525 720p

My goals are to create a sustainable multi-function workingstation. My criterias are as followed:

1. Want to be able to run an extra 144hz, 1440p, 27+" Monitor
  2. Sustain 144 fps in games like: First person shooters (Apex, CsGo, CoD, BF), MOBA:s (LoL, RPG:s (WoW)
  3. Be able to edit, render, upload videos
  4. Be able to stream my games, without dropping below 60fps (Stream aswell as ingame)
  5. Multi task with a couple of cpu heavy applications and software. 

My idea is trying to create the perfect Gaming/Working setup for maximum productivity aswell as a nice place to chill and hangout and play some games with friends. It´s supposed to fit the Black/Gold/Red/White color pattern im trying to accomplish.

So my big question is: What do i need to upgrade? Minimalistic is the keyword here. Trying to spend as little money as possible to achieve the setup of my dreams.

Thanks for reading and i wish you all the best, greetings from Sweden, Simon. 

Edited by Steklund

This would get you some pretty good performance. 

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 88W BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAEE5B48732&ignorebbr=true

Along with this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=RTX&Submit=ENE

little pricey, but would definitely help with those frame rates.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

5 minutes ago, Steklund said:

My goals are to create a sustainable multi-function workingstation. My criterias are as followed:

1. Want to be able to run an extra 144hz, 1440p, 27+" Monitor
  2. Sustain 144 fps in games like: First person shooters (Apex, CsGo, CoD, BF), MOBA:s (LoL, RPG:s (WoW)
  3. Be able to edit, render, upload videos
  4. Be able to stream my games, without dropping below 60fps (Stream aswell as ingame)
  5. Multi task with a couple of cpu heavy applications and software. 

. It´s supposed to fit the Black/Gold/Red/White color pattern im trying to accomplish.

So my big question is: What do i need to upgrade? Minimalistic is the keyword here. Trying to spend as little money as possible to achieve the setup of my dreams.

at what settings or the 1440p ultra medium low?

not exactly going to be that cheap for 1440p high fps

what cooler is on your cpu?

what brand is your psu?

1 minute ago, star_pilot475 said:

Along with this

a 2060 will have basically the same performance as a 1070

2 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

at what settings or the 1440p ultra medium low?

not exactly going to be that cheap for 1440p high fps

what cooler is on your cpu?

what brand is your psu?

Preferably Medium-High.

i use a Corsair Hydro H80i to cool my cpu.

Im pretty sure the psu is from Corsair.

8 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

This would get you some pretty good performance. 

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 88W BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAEE5B48732&ignorebbr=true

Along with this

Cool, in what way will the i7 outperform my currently i5 - Is it just preferable or is it mandatory for the system to run smoothly, and also - will it require me to swap out the motherboard, if the socket isnt the same?

The socket is the same, so no swapping the motherboard. It has the same amount of cores but a higher clock speed. 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

you want to stream so a r5 2600 would be the best choice if you want to save money but if you have more money upgrading to a 2700 would be an excellent choice

6 cores can oc to a decent speed should be fine for most streaming

the 1070 should be able to run most of those games at a decent fps maxing it out at 144 is pushing it a but if you want an upgrade your gpu that will be expensive I put the option there if you want it

3 minutes ago, Steklund said:

Cool, in what way will the i7 outperform my currently i5 - Is it just preferable or is it mandatory for the system to run smoothly, and also - will it require me to swap out the motherboard, if the socket isnt the same?

going from 4c 4t to 4c 8t also higher closckspeed 

you wont need to upgrade your mobo but you will be limited by upgrades in the future as the gen was outdated a few years ago

the ryzen chip i recommended is 6c 12t and should be better for workstation and streaming

38 minutes ago, Steklund said:

1980x1080

This is a typo, right? or am i going insane?

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

12 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

you want to stream so a r5 2600 would be the best choice if you want to save money but if you have more money upgrading to a 2700 would be an excellent choice

6 cores can oc to a decent speed should be fine for most streaming

the 1070 should be able to run most of those games at a decent fps maxing it out at 144 is pushing it a but if you want an upgrade your gpu that will be expensive I put the option there if you want it

Affirmative, is there any equivalent Intel CPU to the AMD 2700? Just curious. And also, if i swap out the cpu for a intel one - will i have to change the mobo aswell? 

Will the 1070 be able to run 3 monitors at the same time and also dashing out solid 144 fps on the 1440p monitor? 

5 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

This is a typo, right? or am i going insane?

Yes its a typo - didnt even realize until you pointed it out. My bad!

1 hour ago, Steklund said:

Yes its a typo - didnt even realize until you pointed it out. My bad!

Ok, thanks. After i saw it i searched 1980x1080 and im like "what did i miss out on?"

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

56 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Ok, thanks. After i saw it i searched 1980x1080 and im like "what did i miss out on?"

Haha, would´ve been hilarous if it actually existed.

1 hour ago, Steklund said:

Affirmative, is there any equivalent Intel CPU to the AMD 2700? Just curious. And also, if i swap out the cpu for a intel one - will i have to change the mobo aswell? 

Will the 1070 be able to run 3 monitors at the same time and also dashing out solid 144 fps on the 1440p monitor? 

Yes the i9-9900K but since you are looking for a more budget upgrade I would stick with AMD and Ryzen. Also of course you would have to upgrade your motherboard for a more modern CPU since Intel only supports a chip set for 2 generations unfortunately. With these parts being what I recommend since you can overclock a 2700 to match the x variant and what your looking at doing with it might need the 32 GB of RAM. Also the 1070 should be fine for now if you don't mind lowering your settings in more demanding games but should be upgraded later when you afford probably a 2080 or 2080 Ti

14 hours ago, Hotseff said:

Yes the i9-9900K but since you are looking for a more budget upgrade I would stick with AMD and Ryzen. Also of course you would have to upgrade your motherboard for a more modern CPU since Intel only supports a chip set for 2 generations unfortunately. With these parts being what I recommend since you can overclock a 2700 to match the x variant and what your looking at doing with it might need the 32 GB of RAM. Also the 1070 should be fine for now if you don't mind lowering your settings in more demanding games but should be upgraded later when you afford probably a 2080 or 2080 Ti

SInce i already have 16 GB of DDR3 RAM that only take up 2 out of the 4 availble memory slots, can´t i just buy 1 more set of 16Gb Ram to match the 32gb requirement? Will it matter if they are seperate set. Like 2 are DDR3 and maybe the new ones are DDR4, will it matter? 

8 hours ago, Steklund said:

SInce i already have 16 GB of DDR3 RAM that only take up 2 out of the 4 availble memory slots, can´t i just buy 1 more set of 16Gb Ram to match the 32gb requirement? Will it matter if they are seperate set. Like 2 are DDR3 and maybe the new ones are DDR4, will it matter? 

Motherboards only support one generation of RAM and if I remember correctly each generation has a notch in a different location so that they can't even be placed in the same slot. Also at this point all modern CPUs are using DDR4 and they've gotten fast enough to where memory speeds can effect their performance drastically as seen in this video where Linus had a motherboard running I believe a 6700K or a 7700K with DDR3