Origin PC or Custom Building PC

benlee

Hi everyone I am getting into PC gaming but I don't know if I should buy a Origin PC OR make my own

PLZ HELP ME CHOOSE!

Make your own. Its awesome to tell people that "Yea, I have a custom built computer that I made myself"

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

you'll get more bang for your buck if you build it yourself. but if you rather have it show up and boot up right away and have not have to worry about anything go prebuilt

I love tinkering with stuff and enjoyed building my PC. With that said, I don't think you can go wrong with Origin PC. It's up to you, if you build it yourself you have to fix it when it goes wrong but with Origin they offer 24/7 customer support (plus their new case is sexy). 

Please don't give origin your money, I would be very disappointed.

Building a computer is incredibly easy once you have a quick read up of what you have to do.

If you have the money and want to get the PC done now, you might as well buy it.

If you care about not overspending (a boutique PC builder like Origin will demand more $$$), you will have to build your own.

Over here we are PC enthusiasts, and we will all recommend you to build your own. This way, you save money, you know what's going to be under your hood and what it will be able to handle; and most important, you get the satisfaction of having a working machine of your own creation and learning its ways.

there always comes those time when gamers talk about their pcs and and they say some dell i7 prossesor and 16gb ram and gt 610 with 3gig of vram. and you're like self built pc with that slays every game on the planet like edward kenway slices guards. your buddies will have their jaw on the floor and adore you for the rest of your mighty life. not really but just build it :D

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Always build my own. If nothing else, even if the costs end up being pretty close (and they won't be), I enjoy the process and want to pick all of the parts myself. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I built my pc when i was 12 and it is so easy its like a puzzle and you cant make a mistake everything goes one way and if you ever need help you got google.

Please build your own. Its very nice to pick out whatever parts you want. But if you can't build ur pc because you want to just pick out parts you want on a site like cyberpowerpc or origin and turn it on right away, then go pre-built. I would not look at companie like dell, hp, lenovo, or any other major pc manufacturer. Go with cyberpower, origin, or Digital Storm. Those pc builders make it so it is very easy to upgrade your pc in the future 

Life.exe is missing

I would make your own as it is a fun experience and it could be possibly less expensive if you get things on sale.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer