BIOS Update question...

So for my B350 MSI motherboards new bios update, it says improved compatibility it’s Bristol CPUs, which I think includes my 2200g, would this be helping performance at all or what is it doing to improve compatibility. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-GAMING-PLUS#down-bios

FYI I haven’t updated it since Christmas, I didn’t update even then, just worked out of the box, is it worth updating? Don’t fix what isn’t broken ya feel?

It wont improve performance, don't update unless you really need to

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

It wont improve performance, don't update unless you really need to

So exactly how does it improve compatibility?

3 minutes ago, Juniiii said:

So exactly how does it improve compatibility?

The first thing a computer does when it starts up is what's called Power-On Self Test (POST) to make sure all the necessary components have started and report no issues. The thing with hardware released later in the motherboard's span that should be compatible is the firmware (BIOS or UEFI) cannot figure out what it is. If it's something vital like the CPU, it just gives up because well, you probably shouldn't be running a CPU that can't be identified.

Outside of that, it may be minor tweaks or bug fixes.