Phone that shoots the best video?

chillxnate

Long story short, I'm in the US, am on Verizon, and am due for an upgrade. My wife and I are going on vacation late March of this year and I want to get a new phone I can shoot some decent video on. The footage would consist of a considerable amount of scenic shots, with no high speed action to speak of if thats useful. I'd be upgrading from old reliable. My iPhone 4. I've been looking at the Note 3 for it's 4k capability, but thats not a neccesity. Expandable storage would obviously be ideal, as I don't know how much I'll be needing.  

If you guys need any additional information to provide me with recommendations, I'll be more than happy to oblige! Thanks!

Long story short, I'm in the US, am on Verizon, and am due for an upgrade. My wife and I are going on vacation late March of this year and I want to get a new phone I can shoot some decent video on. The footage would consist of a considerable amount of scenic shots, with no high speed action to speak of if thats useful. I'd be upgrading from old reliable. My iPhone 4. I've been looking at the Note 3 for it's 4k capability, but thats not a neccesity. Expandable storage would obviously be ideal, as I don't know how much I'll be needing.  

If you guys need any additional information to provide me with recommendations, I'll be more than happy to oblige! Thanks!

Note 3?

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I'd strongly disagree with the Note 3 here. It may record at a higher resolution, but the actual quality of the video is pretty abysmal. Terrible colour accuracy, awful low-light recording, bad white-balance etc. When I saw Marques' video on the subject it was very disappointing to me...

Personally I'd suggest something more along the lines of an iPhone 5S or a Nokia Lumia 1020. At the end of the day, decent optics punches above gimmicky upscaled video recording.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Note 3!

AH!!! This is off topic, and I don't mean any offense, but every time I see your posts I scroll past them as fast as I can because I can't stand to watch your avatar! lol

I'd strongly disagree with the Note 3 here. It may record at a higher resolution, but the actual quality of the video is pretty abysmal. Terrible colour accuracy, awful low-light recording, bad white-balance etc. When I saw Marques' video on the subject it was very disappointing to me...

Personally I'd suggest something more along the lines of an iPhone 5S or a Nokia Lumia 1020. At the end of the day, decent optics punches above gimmicky upscaled video recording.

I don't know about that. This video was shot entirely on the Note 3 and it looks really impressive.

My compooter: http://imgur.com/a/mDFsx?

I've got a Note 3, I like it. Great photo's and video. 4K is nice but a nice feature, the lack of optical image stabilization is a pain but all in all the overall experience and great picture/video quality that comes from the photo's captured with this device outweigh any negatives. Not to mention the phone itself is a beast at user experience and battery life. I never end a day with less than 50% batter, Unplug at 8am plug back in after 1am. 

MY BUILD | Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H115i | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 1600Mhz | Intel 330 180GB SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 2x WD Red 2TB | OCZ ZX 850W 80+Gold | NZXT H442 Razer Edition | LG 34UC88-B 21:9 3440x1440 | Razer Kraken | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Razer Naga 2013 | Logitech Z-2300 | Steam/Xbox Live Gamertag: Jay Slasher

I'd probably go with the Nokia Lumia 1020 for the image quality.