FPS drops in games only at my house?

I've made a few posts about this problem I've been having, and only now have I had any real progress in figuring in out, though not in the way I expected.

Basically to sum up what already happened, I started getting frame drops in a lot of games ever since I installed new hardware not long ago. I tried a bunch of stuff that never ended up fixing anything. Eventually I brought it over to a friend's house where it seemed like we fixed it (the monitor refresh rate was set too low), but it came back pretty soon when I brought it back home. I brought it back to his house later on, though, and without changing anything it was working fine.

I'm no expert but it seems like there's a couple factors to this:

• I'm using a pretty old PSU with a lot of newer hardware
  • There's a ton more power consumption happening in the room my setup is in relative to the other house I was at

I'm in the market for a new power supply anyway, but I wanted to see if anyone more experienced knows if it has more to do with that or the power outlets I'm using. They don't seem to have any problems otherwise, so I'm hoping they aren't to blame considering how much more complicated that would potentially be.

Well, firstly, what hardware do you have/what was replaced?  What W, brand and is there a bronze/silver/gold rating on the PSU? How old is the PSU?

I can't see the power consumption in the rest of the house having any effect whatsoever, because it's not like the mains supply is limited to however many watts you have on the PSU.

If it were an issue with your PSU, taking it to a friends wouldn't improve it, this would lead me to believe it's possibly a faulty power socket.

Is it plugged into an extension?  Is that extension plugged in to more extensions (already a bad idea...)? Is it plugged directly into the wall?

Have you tried testing it in a different plug socket, if possible one from a totally different socket, so if it's a double, move it to an entirely different one, not just the one next to it.

Further to the issue itself, what are you classing as frame drops and what exactly are you experiencing?  Dropping from 60 to 55 is still a frame drop, but may not be outside expectations.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet