help me please! fast

saxenn
Go to solution Solved by Alan G,

It also could be the PSU that has gone bad.  On startup the PSU sends a power good signal and if it's not "good" the PC won't start.  I had a Seasonic PSU that had this problem a month after the warranty ran out and the PC would only start up about 5% of the time.  You would have to have a PSU tester to check this. 

So i've got my new pc, built it myself for about 3 months ago, now it wont start, i have tried to jump start, i have tried to remove psu cables and the battery and then wait, and set them in again, i have tried to remove ram sticks and tried only 1 at a time on all different sloths with both sticks, im cluesless!  Since im going to an esport school its kinda important to have a working gaming desktop and im 17 and have my own apartment with a low paying part time job so i cant afford new parts, is there anything i have missed?   

Specs: 

Asus ROG Strix b360-f gaming 

Palit geforce 1080 dual fan 

intel core i7-8700

Seagate 1tb harddrive

920 evo ssd

2 corsair vengence 8x2 ram sticks

wont start as in doesn't even power up at all ?
make sure everything is properly plugged in. This includes that the PC is plugged into a working power outlet. make sure the power swich on the PSU isn't set to OFF either.

Was it working before? As far as I know 200 series chipsets only support up to 7th gen processor. It is possible that you might've killed your CPU or the motherboard.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

the psu cable is plugged in, all the psu cables are, its set to 1, the motherboard and chassi gets power, since their led is lit up, the pc has worked fine for 3 months and i havent touched it since, (on the inside) i used it this morning with no trouble. 

2 minutes ago, saxenn said:

the psu cable is plugged in, all the psu cables are, its set to 1, the motherboard and chassi gets power, since their led is lit up, the pc has worked fine for 3 months and i havent touched it since, (on the inside) i used it this morning with no trouble. 

Make sure you quote people so they see your response.

Also, @PopsicleHustler is right, a B250 motherboard wouldn't work with an i7 8700, something is amiss.

By the way, when you say the chassis gets power, that doesn't make sense. The chassis is the case, do you mean RGB LEDs?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Make sure you quote people so they see your response.

Also, @PopsicleHustler is right, a B250 motherboard wouldn't work with an i7 8700, something is amiss.

By the way, when you say the chassis gets power, that doesn't make sense. The chassis is the case, do you mean RGB LEDs?

b360-f gaming* and yes i mean the chassi's led and power button led

Just now, saxenn said:

Ok, so we'll start with some basic troubleshooting. What happens when you try to boot with no graphics card?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, saxenn said:

So it gets power? Do you get any POST codes if so?

A girl who loves to love.

Just now, Aimi said:

So it gets power? Do you get any POST codes if so?

It doesnt response at all.

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Ok, so we'll start with some basic troubleshooting. What happens when you try to boot with no graphics card?

Nothing at all

6 minutes ago, saxenn said:

any exact circumstances it "died" under ?
at this point we know the PSU is good and the system is getting power but isn't posting. Looking up your MB there should be a feature called Q-LED for quick troubleshooting Q-LED.jpg
What do you see on the board ?

2 minutes ago, Necrocomputing said:

any exact circumstances it "died" under ?
at this point we know the PSU is good and the system is getting power but isn't posting. Looking up your MB there should be a feature called Q-LED for quick troubleshooting Q-LED.jpg
What do you see on the board ?

ok so there is a red light but there is no text around it

Just now, saxenn said:

ok so there is a red light but there is no text around it

Red should be the CPU light.

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Red should be the CPU light.

So is it the cpu thats not working? since i wrote it wrong before, its a Rog strix B360-F Gaming with a i7-8700

1 minute ago, saxenn said:

So is it the cpu thats not working? since i wrote it wrong before, its a Rog strix B360-F Gaming with a i7-8700

Usually something like this would pop up with a bad overclock but this is a non K build.
Check CPU power is plugged in all the way ?

2 minutes ago, saxenn said:

Somethings up with the CPU, yeah. Hard to pinpoint without a POST code, do you have a POST speaker installed?

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

Somethings up with the CPU, yeah. Hard to pinpoint without a POST code, do you have a POST speaker installed?

Don't now what that is

1 minute ago, Necrocomputing said:

Usually something like this would pop up with a bad overclock but this is a non K build.
Check CPU power is plugged in all the way ?

The cpu cable is plugged as long in as it gets. I have not overclocked the Pc and i used it this morning, turned it of as usuall, got home, it didnt start.

Don't now what that is

it's a small speaker that bips when you turn on your PC. image.png.3d8b0014b78510e610b94c26c3b7e7db.png

Just now, Necrocomputing said:

it's a small speaker that bips when you turn on your PC. image.png.3d8b0014b78510e610b94c26c3b7e7db.png

Do not have one of those no :(

Do not have one of those no :(

yeah figured, I could go on a rant about how newer motherboards come with shit to get a post code off of them but that won't help you.
At this point try reseating the CPU, maybe some thermal paste or something got under there.

16 minutes ago, Necrocomputing said:

yeah figured, I could go on a rant about how newer motherboards come with shit to get a post code off of them but that won't help you.
At this point try reseating the CPU, maybe some thermal paste or something got under there.

Did not make any difference :(

try unplugging and plugging in the 12 pin power cables and cpu power connector on both mother board and psu sides, to ensure they are well connected because the system must post even if the cpu has a problem

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

6 minutes ago, saxenn said:

Did not make any difference :(

at this point you probably need either another CPU or another MB to try and determine if it's the MB or the CPU.

sigh, I don't wanna waist your time but try disconnecting everything non essential, Hard drives, SSD, Video card, CD-rom etc and see if you get any better results