Samsung Galaxy S5 UI Leak

IamNewie

BeYThIvCAAEKKU7.png

tech-samsung-galaxy-s5-user-interface.jp

After tweeting purported screenshots of Samsung's next-generation phone user interface, Evleaks has released images giving a closer look at one of the UI's elements. The shots show a detailed view of a lock screen and home screen widget that featured in the original images, hinting that it may be used by Samsung to deliver notifications and contextual information to your phone. Although Google Now is currently included in Samsung devices, the company doesn't make it easy to access.

How will Samsung gather the data to power the service?

Like those in Google Now, the notifications cover a variety of subjects. Pictured in the screenshots are social media shares, live flight info, sports scores, weather updates, payment receipts, concert information, upcoming appointments, delivery notifications, and health data. To deliver a wide variety of information to you via Now, Google scans your web history, Gmail account, and location data; it's not clear if Samsung would somehow tap into Google's data, or if it has designed its own method to gather the vast amount of information required to power such a service.

Should the leaks, which are described as something Samsung is testing rather than a finished interface, turn out to be accurate, you can expect to see them debut with the company's upcoming Galaxy S5 flagship at some point before May.

Source : TheVerge

Looks like Google Experience Launcher to me...

Looks like they're using the Note Pro UI in their phones...hmm.

I hope it's the second array of pics though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

looks cleaner

would really like to know if they got rid of the GingerBread "look" on the settings and power option icons

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Eh, more software gimmicks. That's all the S4 was.

Everything in touchwiz looks happy and bubbly

I hope the one on the far right is correct (the one that looks like the stock Google launcher) but the rest looks really bad. First of all it will probably not work properly outside the US and secondly it will just be yet another thing on Samsung phones you will have two of. Two stores, two music players, two browsers, two voice searching apps, and now two apps that fetch relevant info.

Eh, more software gimmicks. That's all the S4 was.

Yep, it was just software gimmicks.

And pretty cool hardware stuff (for example can be used while wearing gloves)... And a much much faster CPU... And a much faster GPU... And more RAM... And a better camera... And wireless charging... And a much better screen... And better flash... And LTE (even if you were in the US you would get LTE on much more bands)... And 802.11ac... And a bigger screen yet the body is about the same size... And IR... I could go on but I think you get the point.

I hope the one on the far right is correct (the one that looks like the stock Google launcher) but the rest looks really bad. First of all it will probably not work properly outside the US and secondly it will just be yet another thing on Samsung phones you will have two of. Two stores, two music players, two browsers, two voice searching apps, and now two apps that fetch relevant info.

Yep, it was just software gimmicks.

And pretty cool hardware stuff (for example can be used while wearing gloves)... And a much much faster CPU... And a much faster GPU... And more RAM... And a better camera... And wireless charging... And a much better screen... And better flash... And LTE (even if you were in the US you would get LTE on much more bands)... And 802.11ac... And a bigger screen yet the body is about the same size... And IR... I could go on but I think you get the point.

Wow, much power , so fast , how sleek...

Wow, much power , so fast , how sleek...

What an insightful and well thought out post that was!

That post surely proved me wrong, especially since a lot of the things I listed does not even have to do with improvements in speed. Good thing you threw in that "how sleek" at the end to disprove those points though.

What an insightful and well thought out post that was!

That post surely proved me wrong, especially since a lot of the things I listed does not even have to do with improvements in speed. Good thing you threw in that "how sleek" at the end to disprove those points though.

You sir, are awesome.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

The icons on the dock look really like Google Play colors imo. Mission District looks pretty cool. Guess this app can read all your activity and track them for you.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer