THE DIVISION 2 - stuttering

Hello!

I have built myself a gaming pc, and this game came with the cpu. I have a pretty good pc, and I am not running into any bottlenecks, but when I am playing, the game just lags, and stops for a couple of seconds. I launched afterburner to check on the cpu and gpu usage, and the cpu was well below 100% (I think it was at 60%) but the gpu just went to 0% when the stuttering happened, the temps were good, the gpu was at 57ºC and the cpu was at 55ºC. What can be causing this? Is it my system or is it the game itself (I think people are saying that it is a bad port)

This is my rig:

• ryzen 5 2600
  • bequiet! pure rock slim
  • zotac gtx 1070 extreme core edition
  • gigabyte b450 s2h
  • 8gb 3000mhz single channel ram - gskill aegis
  • seasonic s12II 620w

Hi there!

Well, you could try all of the normal suspects like making sure you Nvidia Drivers are up to date and windows is too. As the division 2 just came out and might be a little buggy, this can also happen, specially with AMD Chips. 

Are you having this issue with any other game?

Just now, Protocol37 said:

Hi there!

Well, you could try all of the normal suspects like making sure you Nvidia Drivers are up to date and windows is too. As the division 2 just came out and might be a little buggy, this can also happen, specially with AMD Chips. 

Are you having this issue with any other game?

I have the lattest driver installed.

well no. I have bo4, csgo, fortnite and apex legends installed, and it just happens in "the division 2" . though sometimes I have a bit of it in apex (although it is not nearlly as much)

Are you running in DX 11 or DX 12 mode? I personally felt stutters and lag in the game when I enabled DX12 mode myself and I have a very similar setup to yours. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Are you running in DX 11 or DX 12 mode? I personally felt stutters and lag in the game when I enabled DX12 mode myself and I have a very similar setup to yours. 

I had DX11, next time I play I will turn it on. Thanks for the help

I get it occasionally but its not routine. I wonder if it is server related since the game is always on...

Setup:

GTX1080 Hybrid

16gb  ram

Fully Updated Windows

Playing at 1440p

5 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

I get it occasionally but its not routine. I wonder if it is server related since the game is always on...

Setup:

GTX1080 Hybrid

16gb  ram

Fully Updated Windows

Playing at 1440p

I hope it gets better with time. the stuttering is not always happening it usualy appears when I am walking in the streets of the game, although it also happens inside buildings though it is not as common

54 minutes ago, filiboss123 said:

I hope it gets better with time. the stuttering is not always happening it usualy appears when I am walking in the streets of the game, although it also happens inside buildings though it is not as common

exactly same issue.

Normaly i would blame AMD cpu as it is fairly common that it don't work well with new game releases, most of the time buggs happen with amd chips thats why i avoid them as i get extremely frustrated if shit like this is happening. BUT

I've noticed first day of release it was crashing every 30 minutes, after that fix game was working perfectly fine, then just yesterday it started stuttering (altho verry rare for me) i've noticed that it stutters whenever enemies spawns not always but sometimes. I'm pretty sure its a bug on ubisoft side and it will probably get fixed. 

i7 9700k
GTX 1080ti

16gb 3000mhz
1440p 144hz

its a nvidea thing......every one of my friends with nvidea have one issue or another.....sound glitching...no sound...studdering.......

but everyone with a amd card rarely sees any issue...

uplays division 2 forum is lit with people with nvidea cards having issues

everything related to sound glitching can't be GPUs fault, it has nothing to do with it. Stuttering can be but it will get fixed soon like crashing was fixed in few days. Could be GPUs fault overall as i don't understand why it would stutter because of CPU if i have 30-40% usage.

11 hours ago, matolife10 said:

everything related to sound glitching can't be GPUs fault, it has nothing to do with it. Stuttering can be but it will get fixed soon like crashing was fixed in few days. Could be GPUs fault overall as i don't understand why it would stutter because of CPU if i have 30-40% usage.

not sure but check the forum out....it doesnt matter if they have intel cpu or amd...the only thing in common between everyone is they have a nvidea card.