Windows xp service pack help

NecroFlex
Go to solution Solved by Benajim117,
On 3/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, NecroFlex said:

I checked but can't see the DL button or anything

Ah sorry, I don't think I can directly link to the download page as it comes up in a pop up window. Here's a link to the search page with Service Pack 3 right at the top: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Windows XP Service Pack 3

I'm building myself a ''retro'' gaming machine that'll be using windows xp professional, 32-bit ofc.

The issue is with service packs, i have a CD with Windows XP Professional 32-bit that has SP2 already included, but i can't seem to find one with SP3 included and i'm not sure which site i can trust to download SP3,

If anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them or a link to a site that's trustworthy to download SP3 from, thanks in advance!

I have a CD with Windows XP Pack 3 .... i think it's safe (it's from my father)

Can't you just install SP3 after Windows installation ?
There is also nLite current disk and add SP3 on top (SP3 update can be downloaded from Microsoft).

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

11 minutes ago, agent_x007 said:

Can't you just install SP3 after Windows installation ?
There is also nLite current disk and add SP3 on top (SP3 update can be downloaded from Microsoft).

I know i can, that's why i asked if anyone knows either the standalone SP3 download or just the whole SP3 windows xp.

Got a link already tho on the LTT discord, thanks for all the help and for anyone else wondering, here's the link:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_xp_service_pack_3.html

I know this question has just been answered but id like to add something just for the record. You can still download service packs directly from Microsoft. You do this by going to the Microsoft update catalog. you can search for any update you like and id say its the safest way to obtain these older updates. Here's a link to SP3 on there https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=60b990a0-6efa-47be-8f5a-7df2c402583e

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 4:34 PM, Benajim117 said:

I know this question has just been answered but id like to add something just for the record. You can still download service packs directly from Microsoft. You do this by going to the Microsoft update catalog. you can search for any update you like and id say its the safest way to obtain these older updates. Here's a link to SP3 on there https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=60b990a0-6efa-47be-8f5a-7df2c402583e

On 3/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, NecroFlex said:

Ah sorry, I don't think I can directly link to the download page as it comes up in a pop up window. Here's a link to the search page with Service Pack 3 right at the top: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Windows XP Service Pack 3

On 3/30/2019 at 5:54 PM, Benajim117 said:

Dude, i fucking love you man, this is awesome, didn't think something like this existed...is this for all EoL Microsoft products?

On 4/2/2019 at 8:42 PM, NecroFlex said:

Dude, i fucking love you man, this is awesome, didn't think something like this existed...is this for all EoL Microsoft products?

All the service packs from XP to 7 are on there. There's no service packs for 2000 or earlier but these can be obtained from WinWorld anyway. The catalog is just an archive of old/current windows updates, patches, drivers and hot-fixes. Its got stuff ranging from 2000 to 10 I believe and includes stuff for server,enterprise and embedded editions of windows as well as the standard consumer versions. So, not quite all EoL versions but most of them that need the patches/ are still used. Its really useful and I'm surprised MS don't promote it more

On 4/5/2019 at 6:27 PM, Benajim117 said:

All the service packs from XP to 7 are on there. There's no service packs for 2000 or earlier but these can be obtained from WinWorld anyway. The catalog is just an archive of old/current windows updates, patches, drivers and hot-fixes. Its got stuff ranging from 2000 to 10 I believe and includes stuff for server,enterprise and embedded editions of windows as well as the standard consumer versions. So, not quite all EoL versions but most of them that need the patches/ are still used. Its really useful and I'm surprised MS don't promote it more

Probably because they want to get people away from anything other than W10, why they keep it up tho, not sure, probably just in case.

I'll most likely DL many of these things to keep it on my own server if this shuts down in the future, you never know when some XP patch will come in handy :P