(HELP!) Be quiet! pure rock and i7 9700k

Justin CR

So I just recently built a gaming pc with an

RTX 2080 Strix OC and i7 9700k

and when i got into cooling i picked air cooler because im scared that the liquid cooler will fail and it’ll cost me more, but thats not the problem.

the problem here is im scared because i picked be quiet!’s pure rock and im scared that’ll my cpu will reach high temps and it’ll cause some damage. I’ll be running the i7 at stock and doing gaming. Will it be fine? Or do i need to save up and buy another cooler because this is my first time building a pc and im really scared since the components im working with are really expensive

Just now, alatron978 said:

You will be fine! :)

thank you for the reply! What temps do you think it’ll reach if im playing a game lets say GTA V on 1920x1080 all ultra settings for like 6 hours?

depends on frame rate, at 60fps you will most likely be getting 40-50C (amibient of 20C) which is fine.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

depends on frame rate, at 60fps you will most likely be getting 40-50C (amibient of 20C) which is fine.

Im playing on a 144hz monitor

Probably 45-55C then. If you are getting 144fps.

Probably 45-55C then. If you care getting 144fps.

alright then, thank you so much man.

not a problem!

Just now, Justin CR said:

alright then, thank you so much man.

As long as you don't push the voltage too high (corresponding to a clock speed of about 4.6-4.8ghz depending on silicon lottery I'd say) you should be fine. Safe temps are anything 85C or below.

55 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

As long as you don't push the voltage too high (corresponding to a clock speed of about 4.6-4.8ghz depending on silicon lottery I'd say) you should be fine. Safe temps are anything 85C or below.

Well im just going to let my system decide when to higher up the clock speed and when its going to limit it. I’ll try saving up for a noctua NH-D15 because apparently that is what everyone is going for.

13 minutes ago, Justin CR said:

I’ll try saving up for a noctua NH-D15 because apparently that is what everyone is going for.

No need if your temps are fine. Check to see what your load temps are.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Its the "better budget cooler". So everything is fine. You won't see high temps in gaming etc. And you can even get better temps without new cooler. Just set voltages to manual or adaptive. Intel has had this issue where CPU draws much more power than it actually needs when voltage control is left to automatic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, Justin CR said:

I’ll try saving up for a noctua NH-D15 because apparently that is what everyone is going for.

For big tower cooler, I would get Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT instead of NH-D15, because of reasons..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2019 at 6:08 AM, Justin CR said:

So I just recently built a gaming pc with an

RTX 2080 Strix OC and i7 9700k

and when i got into cooling i picked air cooler because im scared that the liquid cooler will fail and it’ll cost me more, but thats not the problem.

the problem here is im scared because i picked be quiet!’s pure rock and im scared that’ll my cpu will reach high temps and it’ll cause some damage. I’ll be running the i7 at stock and doing gaming. Will it be fine? Or do i need to save up and buy another cooler because this is my first time building a pc and im really scared since the components im working with are really expensive

Hey! I’m going to build the same pc. Is the cooler enough? What was the highest temp?

On 3/6/2021 at 2:38 PM, BBSilent said:

And is the 212x better?

Please make your own thread. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv