Random Game Lags But Ping Is Fine???

Hi everyone, Ive been having a problem lately that needs solving. Whenever I play online games on steam, my games will just lag. My ping is perfectly fine but it still just lags. It lasts for about 1 second and goes back to normal. This happens every 15 to 25 seconds. Its quite annoying and cant solve the problem. My temps are fine on my CPU and GPU. I really can't think of a problem. It only happens in games not youtube or anything and my discord is also perfectly fine. Im stumped please help.

Two different problem descriptions here, GPU and CPU temps being too high is one kind of lag, high ping is another. What kind of lag are you experiencing? Rubber banding? Low framerates?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

How about offline games?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

How about offline games?

Working perfectly fine.

Just now, Randomizer23 said:

Working perfectly fine.

Then it must be a network problem..is the FPS drop when it happen?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

Then it must be a network problem..is the FPS drop when it happen?

uh, i dont really know i dont think so. is that supposed to indicate something?

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

Two different problem descriptions here, GPU and CPU temps being too high is one kind of lag, high ping is another. What kind of lag are you experiencing? Rubber banding? Low framerates?

rubber banding. I know the difference. I was just saying it lol.

5 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

uh, i dont really know i dont think so. is that supposed to indicate something?

It would likely a rubber banding lag..try to reset the Modem or use Kill Ping software it fixed mine back in the day

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

It would likely a rubber banding lag..try to reset the Modem or use Kill Ping software it fixed mine back in the day

kill ping? Also this happens on all my pc's in my house that are logged into my steam account.

Just to be clear, you do mean multiple games yeah? Any specifics? If it's just one or two games, it may be possible it's issues with their servers. For awhile I'd get lots of rubberbanding in Rocket League even with very low ping, turns out it was a server issue.

Also, how long have you had this issue? Is this something new?

10 hours ago, Craselin said:

Just to be clear, you do mean multiple games yeah? Any specifics? If it's just one or two games, it may be possible it's issues with their servers. For awhile I'd get lots of rubberbanding in Rocket League even with very low ping, turns out it was a server issue.

Also, how long have you had this issue? Is this something new?

all online games about 2 months ive had this. but somethimes it doesnt happen its weird.