Amd ryzen 2600x and 400w power supply

Hello!

I'm upgrading my motherboard and cpu (ryzen 5 2600x) i have never upgraded my pc before and i dont know if 400w power supply will be enough? My graphics card is radeon r7 370

54 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is it a good 400w psu, many aren't great and won't meet specs, esp the cheap ones.

But the power usage will be under 400w in that system.

there are some good ones like the pure power 10/11 and some more

but as said, quality is what counts now

I'm not gonna lie, it seems odd to upgrade the m/b and cpu, especially as you'll need to upgrade the RAM as well, but not the GPU.

I recently upgraded to a 2600X and figured out that my GTX 970 would be causing a pretty significant bottleneck on the 2600X so upgraded it to a Vega 56 and the 970 is more than double the power of the R7 370.

All that aside however, the power draw of the 2600X iirc has an upper limit of around 95W.  Depending on the draw from the rest of the PC you might be ok.  That said, what is the actual PSU itself?  Is it a pre-built system that has an unbranded PSU?  If so, then you'd probably be pushing it a bit much.  I've seen those things blow just looking at them the wrong way.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet

12 hours ago, Tuc said:

Hello!

I'm upgrading my motherboard and cpu (ryzen 5 2600x) i have never upgraded my pc before and i dont know if 400w power supply will be enough? My graphics card is radeon r7 370

Hey.@Tuc I would advice you go with a 500/550W PSU as it will make sure that you will not have to invest a single penny if in future you buy more powerful Graphics Card!