Ethernet to Coax networking

sdeligar

So I recently had the old networking cable connecting the computer in my room to the router in the living room stop working. I had been getting ready to replace it but wasn't to happy about it because that would require getting in the small space under the house to run the new cat7 I was going to buy. I then remember that I currently have coaxial cable that is already in both my room and the living room being unused because our tv now comes through a roku. I already tried doing a bit of research but so far the only devices I've found that definitely allow that kind of use are all over $50 and I really don't have much money to spent on this.

So I'm wondering if anybody has done something like this in their own home and if so how well did it work for you? The second question is if anybody can recommend two adapters that are cheaper than what I've found but also won't kill my net speeds.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

5 hours ago, sdeligar said:

So I recently had the old networking cable connecting the computer in my room to the router in the living room stop working. I had been getting ready to replace it but wasn't to happy about it because that would require getting in the small space under the house to run the new cat7 I was going to buy. I then remember that I currently have coaxial cable that is already in both my room and the living room being unused because our tv now comes through a roku. I already tried doing a bit of research but so far the only devices I've found that definitely allow that kind of use are all over $50 and I really don't have much money to spent on this.

So I'm wondering if anybody has done something like this in their own home and if so how well did it work for you? The second question is if anybody can recommend two adapters that are cheaper than what I've found but also won't kill my net speeds.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Moca adapters are expensive and when I did my research only like one company was making them. When your the only company making a product, you kinda can set the price. Moca uses the higher bands on the coax, which are the same bands that satellite TV uses, so Satellite TV providers like DirecTV, designed their own adapters. The issue is their adapters is they are only rated for 100 Mbps, while normal Moca adapters can do up to 400-800 Mbps I believe. OH and the DirecTV adapters would not work if the coax is being used for internet as well, because these adapters use the same bands as the cable company. So you would have to be sure that the coax you were using for your networking was not connected to the same network as the coax your potentially using for internet. Thats if you have cable internet. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Yea that's about what I've found as well. I was really hoping somebody had found another option I had missed.

Though I was outside backtracking the cable run around the house and discovered that the line to my room had been cut and no longer has an end on it so apparently it wouldn't matter anyways since I've had to fix that as well. Guess this was doomed from the beginning. 

Thanks anyways for your help!