How do I move the steam workshop folder to my other drive?

So my steam workshop takes up about 50 gigabytes when I want to play Arma 3 exile from those mods alone. I am curious, can I change the location of this folder, and If I do, will it negate the faster load time that my ssd is supposed to give? I'd like to have the game on my SSD for faster loading, and my mods on the 1TB HDD so I can save space on the SSD.

I want to say that the Steam Workshop downloads folder will correspond to where the game in question is installed. I don't believe you can have Workshop mods on one storage device and the game on another.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

16 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

So my steam workshop takes up about 50 gigabytes when I want to play Arma 3 exile from those mods alone. I am curious, can I change the location of this folder, and If I do, will it negate the faster load time that my ssd is supposed to give? I'd like to have the game on my SSD for faster loading, and my mods on the 1TB HDD so I can save space on the SSD.

You can't split it up like that sadly, it's all or nothing (though moving the folder from one drive to another is easy)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You can move it and use a symbolic link where it originally was to point to the new location: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Symbolic link basically tricks applications to think that say C:\Example is an actual folder, even though its contents may be in D:\Example.