Acer Predator XB273K

BadDude

Anyone with this 4k monitor? Can't find many reviews out there...

I have an XB281HK so they're kinda similiar, my advice is unless you need that level of high pixel density, its not worth it, I'm genuinely going back to 1080p but having a triple monitor set up.

for that price you could buy 2-3 really high end 1080p monitors to enjoy that level of a high refresh rate without "overclocking"

52 minutes ago, BadDude said:

Anyone with this 4k monitor? Can't find many reviews out there...

Considering the price of the monitor, I don't see many folks reviewing it.

About the few I manage to find is like this one:https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/8qzklw/review_of_acer_predator_x27/

Hmmm, that is a XB3 you linking.  Seems to be the cheaper cousin to the X27.

I found this review about that one:https://www.pcworld.com/article/3301170/acer4k-144hz-hdr-gaming-monitors-ifa.html

Seems there is a Freesync sibling to the XB3 that is cheaper.  Maybe check to see if it is one listed working with Nvidia cards.

Edit:  Oof, that model seems prone to bad BLB by looking around at customer reviews of the Freesync model.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

10 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Considering the price of the monitor, I don't see many folks reviewing it.

About the few I manage to find is like this one:https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/8qzklw/review_of_acer_predator_x27/

Hmmm, that is a XB3 you linking.  Seems to be the cheaper cousin to the X27.

I found this review about that one:https://www.pcworld.com/article/3301170/acer4k-144hz-hdr-gaming-monitors-ifa.html

Seems there is a Freesync sibling to the XB3 that is cheaper.  Maybe check to see if it is one listed working with Nvidia cards.

Edit:  Oof, that model seems prone to bad BLB by looking around at customer reviews of the Freesync model.

So only the freesync model? Or does the gsync model also have bad BLB?

I'm not entirely sure but I think this monitor is the gsync version of nitro xv273k (This one is about $200 cheaper)

I have a xv273k monitor and it's gsync compatible (I already have the gsync turned on) so I don't see any benefit of purchasing the predator model.

The monitor is great. I have it beside my old xb271hu monitor and the colors in the xv273k looks better and more accurate (maybe because of the Quantum dot technology)

Color calibration and accuracy is excellent out of the box and I didn't feel the need to manually modify the settings (the menus is a bit slow in this monitor and overall I prefer the old menus but nothing concerning)

However, this monitor had really bad blb issue. Actually it is the worst blb I have ever seen in my real life. It is easily noticeable even with 20 brightness in a bright room. I don't mind that especially because it's only affect the angles of the monitor in the very dark scenes so I can live with it, but this should be known for anyone want to purchase it.

I don't know if the predator model has the same issue or not.

Also keep in mind that you can't run 4k 144hz and with a single display port. It's limited to 4k 120hz 8 bit (unless you want to use chroma sampling).

You will need to connect two displayport cables to get 4k 144hz 10 bit. However, connecting two cables means you will lose the gsync and also the hdr (hdr400 which is not worth it)

tftcentral made an in-depth review

Acer Nitro XV273K review - TFT Central

6 hours ago, BadDude said:

So only the freesync model? Or does the gsync model also have bad BLB?

Only saw a few user reviews showing the freesync one with bad BLB.  But, they could be just unlucky at getting a bad batch.

On the other hand, I did come across an owner of a XB273K on another forum who seem very happy with that monitor model.  By the looks it don't have the same level of back light array as the X27 but does a decent job to help with the image quality.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU