Problems with my RX 580

just tilt

I've been having problems with my GPU. It has been artifacting in Need for Speed Payback, as in flickering black, it had crashed and showed a DirectX Fullscreen error so I swapped to bordered and then my monitor had shut down. I checked the cables on the monitor, they were connected properly. I disconnected the DP from the GPU, plugged it in again. The monitor had turned on, said there was no input, went back to being off.

Things I tried to solve the issue:

-I updated the drivers to 19.1.1.

-Switched to borderless and applied a "high" preset (people on the NFS forum say that might fix it), that fixed the black screen.

-I tried downclocking the Memory clocl from 2000 to 1750 MHz, and the Core Clock from 1360 to 1000 MHz.

None of these helped.

*The GPU doesn't go above 73 degrees Celsius.
*Need for Speed Payback is the only game that crashes
*My CPU and my RAM aren't overclocked.

EDIT: The game is up to date and I have tried reinstalling it, hasn't fixed the problem.

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cmMGTB

What could be causing the problem? I'm in desperate need for help.

Have you checked the kind of memory you have (Samsung or Micron) with GpuZ? Have you ever overclocked the memory, core? What were your voltages? And when did you get the card? 

26 minutes ago, just tilt said:

I've been having problems with my GPU. It has been artifacting in Need for Speed Payback, as in flickering black, it had crashed and showed a DirectX Fullscreen error so I swapped to bordered and then my monitor had shut down. I checked the cables on the monitor, they were connected properly. I disconnected the DP from the GPU, plugged it in again. The monitor had turned on, said there was no input, went back to being off.

Things I tried to solve the issue:

-I updated the drivers to 19.1.1.

-Switched to borderless and applied a "high" preset (people on the NFS forum say that might fix it)

-I tried downclocking the Memory clocl from 2000 to 1750 MHz, and the Core Clock from 1360 to 1000 MHz.

None of these helped.

*The GPU doesn't go above 73 degrees Celsius.
*Need for Speed Payback is the only game that crashes
*My CPU and my RAM aren't overclocked.

EDIT: The game is up to date and I have tried reinstalling it, hasn't fixed the problem.

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cmMGTB

What could be causing the problem? I'm in desperate need for help.

Take a look at dis

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-NFS-Payback-Black-Screen-Of-Death-FIX/td-p/6562394

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

12 minutes ago, Kaicer said:

Have you checked the kind of memory you have (Samsung or Micron) with GpuZ? Have you ever overclocked the memory, core? What were your voltages? And when did you get the card? 

image.png.78f5fbcab63cda5b98f336fd6613ffb2.png

I have never altered the clocks until now, when I dialed them down. I got it for my last birthday, a year ago, it was bought abroad in a computer parts shop.

1 minute ago, just tilt said:

Black screen isn't a problem since playing windowed fixed the black screen part, the artifacting is bugging me.

Working around the fullscreen problem doesnt exactly fix it, I think this could be related still but to be fair this game has A LOT of problems

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

If you haven't already you can try DDUing the drivers for that squeaky clean feeling but if a game reinstall and a driver reinstall dont fix it and the card is confirmed working fine, your options are basically 1. reinstall windows 2. find a fix for the specific bug you have

You might try the official EA support, I know they aren't helpful usually but I'm not sure if we can offer anything. They may be able to look at crash logs (hopefully those exist) or something

If you run HWINFO64 there's a "sensor" called GPU memory errors, and another for WQHL hardware errors, that could set you in the right direction. If you do see some gpu memory errors, note this can be caused by unstable CPU or possibly RAM too.

@S w a t s o n I don't know if this means anything to you but the artifacting doesn't start off when I start up the game. It takes 5, 10 minutes, sometimes even an hour for the game to start artifacting.

1 minute ago, just tilt said:

@S w a t s o n I don't know if this means anything to you but the artifacting doesn't start off when I start up the game. It takes 5, 10 minutes, sometimes even an hour for the game to start artifacting.

I would suspect memory or heat then. Either the gpu/memory is starting to make mistakes once memory is populated or the card doesnt like 73C which is within tolerance normally.

Run the game with HWINFO64 and gpu-z running, ideally on a second monitor if you have it so you can watch in real time

If it looks fine then you know it's the game most likely