Hello everyone,

Iove the speed of a samsung 860 evo 500 gb drive, but it is not very stable with my computer. i have an Gigabyte ax370 gaming 3 cf motherboard with an amd 1800x, and everytime i take the pc out of standby or als sleep called in some cases on my pc, it freezes up after a minute or so. and with freezes i dont mean that programes stop working and the mouse can stil move, i mean really hard lock freezes, and the light of the ssd usage turns completely off. does anyone know how to fix this?

ps, i tried already a lot of solutions, so i will tell that when i read one i already did

15 minutes ago, lonewolf543210 said:

Hello everyone,

Iove the speed of a samsung 860 evo 500 gb drive, but it is not very stable with my computer. i have an Gigabyte ax370 gaming 3 cf motherboard with an amd 1800x, and everytime i take the pc out of standby or als sleep called in some cases on my pc, it freezes up after a minute or so. and with freezes i dont mean that programes stop working and the mouse can stil move, i mean really hard lock freezes, and the light of the ssd usage turns completely off. does anyone know how to fix this?

ps, i tried already a lot of solutions, so i will tell that when i read one i already did

Gigabyte doesn't really handle storages well. I would recommend you to use MSI or Asus ROG Strix.

13 minutes ago, CringeFire said:

Gigabyte doesn't really handle storages well. I would recommend you to use MSI or Asus ROG Strix.

well, i never had this issue with any hdd or my previous ssd which was a crucial mx 300, and i don't want to spend hunderd euro or more on an motherboard, unless I really have to, but my motherboard is like a half year old, maybe a little bit less

3 hours ago, CringeFire said:

lmao throwing crap to the board or other components instead of admitting samsung ssds are shit, the ol' reliable.

OP return it if you still can or replace it by a MX500 or Intel P series

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I actually think it is a sata controller driver issue, i can be wrong. So maybe someone can find something about that? But i had never issues with either Gigabyte motherboards or Samsung ssd's. But i do have to say, i have never used them in a combination with an AMD CPU before. i have had INTEL for 5 years in a row before this Ryzen 7 1800x. i hope it is enough information so someone can help me, maybe and preferable without buying new components?