Good enough for 4k editing?

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
4 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

Always better off building it yourself, what budget/country?

What software?

17 hours ago, Vance44 said:

yea i dont need to do any extream editing so i think i'm ok... so i got that desktop and its super fast night and day works so much better ... so far i'm happy with it .. i know everyone wants me to build my own down the road i might but for now this is good enough for what i need to do .. and over time i can even make a few upgrades here and there to even make better ... definitely value your feedback and advice ... all of you that responded this is a good place to been with any future advice ... 

dont some of these programs put them into proxy with you? ... there is so much i stll have to learn :( GRR!!! lol long road that's for sure lol \

proxy and optimized media are almost never an thing done automatically. you have to  do it, in resolve proxy is set in the playback menu. and optimized media can be generated using right click on the source clip and selecting generate optimize media.

optimized media is alwaya good to use specially us source clips are h264 (its a format not very friendly for editing) and proxy is only needed is you playback is getting slow becouse of how much processing  your doing.

2 hours ago, lacion said:

proxy and optimized media are almost never an thing done automatically. you have to  do it, in resolve proxy is set in the playback menu. and optimized media can be generated using right click on the source clip and selecting generate optimize media.

optimized media is alwaya good to use specially us source clips are h264 (its a format not very friendly for editing) and proxy is only needed is you playback is getting slow becouse of how much processing  your doing.

im such a newbie when it comes to using resolve ... its so hard to find my way around that thing lol i'll figure it out tho 

should i use hand break to convert files first then upload and edit?