What is GPU undervolting

HypedKid

So I heard that it makes GPU run not that hot and at higher speed? Does that thing make any damage? And any difference I will fell? I have powercolor red dragon rx 570 4gb (runs at 1250mhz turbo)

undervolting lower's the gpu's power draw reducing heat while trying to maintain the same speed, as some cards use more power then required

The "higher speed" is in some cases as vega 56 and vega 64 the cards get hot enough to start throttling down the gpu's speed so undervolting helps maintain good temperatures so it can run at its maximum 

7 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

undervolting lower's the gpu's power draw reducing heat while trying to maintain the same speed, as some cards use more power then required

the "higher speed" is in some cases as vega 56 and vega 64 the cards get hot enough to start throttling down the gpu's speed so undervolting helps maintain good temperatures so it can run at its maximum 

So it's worth? My gpu runs at 65°c 100% 1250mhz but my fans are set on 80-90% and it sounds like a jet

19 minutes ago, HypedKid said:

So it's worth? My gpu runs at 65°c 100% 1250mhz but my fans are set on 80-90% and it sounds like a jet

If you're at 65C, you don't need to be running that fast. Just get a tool like MSI Afterburner, and create your own fan curve that ramps the speed up later. You COULD try undervolting if you want, but just changing the fan curve is a lot easier (don't have to do stability testing), and will probably have a greater impact on noise.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...