Choosing the correct case

Sajeev

Hi Guys,

I am building a new PC, i want to know which Full Tower case should i go for between the Cooler Master Cosmos C700P or Thermaltake View 71. I wanted to get Thermaltake View 71 coz it looks so much nice with all the customized LED and everything but i read that it's support for EATX is not actually true completely as it covers up the cable passthrough holes. Anyone has experience with this?

Planned Gaming rig:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme

CPU: i9 9900K

RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz

HDD: NVME M.2 512GB + 1TB

GPU: 2 X RTX 2080Ti FE

PSU: 2000 Watt EVGA Supernova (Got it really cheap on sale in China)

Radiator: Alphacool NexXxos 480MM + 360MM (45MM Thickness both)

Pump: EVGA Pump

Best Regards

Sajeev

I have no experience however, looking at the photos of the case I can see that the third column of standoffs is right against the rubber passthroughs .. so no it wouldn't be ideal for an eATX board.

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

1 hour ago, GeoSquigg said:

I have no experience however, looking at the photos of the case I can see that the third column of standoffs is right against the rubber passthroughs .. so no it wouldn't be ideal for an eATX board.

so you suggest C700P?

Regards

Sajeev

2 hours ago, Sajeev said:

between the Cooler Master Cosmos C700P or Thermaltake View 71.

Radiator: Alphacool NexXxos 480MM + 360MM (45MM Thickness both)

C700P and View 71 cant fit a 480mm RAD ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

C700P and View 71 cant fit a 480mm RAD ;) 

Sorry typo error, I meant 420MM???

The view 71 will fit that e-atx board but it will cover up the cable pass through holes.You can run the cables through the side holes for the side rad,Rear hard drive mounts.You could go view 91 its a bigger case,Or tower 900 if you want a monster case you can water cool easy with.

35 minutes ago, andrewmp6 said:

The view 71 will fit that e-atx board but it will cover up the cable pass through holes.You can run the cables through the side holes for the side rad,Rear hard drive mounts.You could go view 91 its a bigger case,Or tower 900 if you want a monster case you can water cool easy with.

For reference this is what Andrew means (taken from PCPartPicker.com)

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bhTBD3

232440.0d7d92045146b504c2fc016e94ce42d3.1600.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25