Does it get that hot?

charbel1011

Okay so i bought the rtx 2080 ti evga ftw3 3 fans. And i tried to play pubg and the car got hot to touch? Is that normal? My temps were at 65c at the start. Should i be worried?

65 degrees C is totally normal for a videocard, up to 85 C even.

But keep in mind your temperatures are also decided by your ambient temperature; how hot or cold it is in the room the PC is in.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

65 degrees C is totally normal for a videocard, up to 85 C even.

But keep in mind your temperatures are also decided by your ambient temperature; how hot or cold it is in the room the PC is in.

Yes i got that. But is it normal like that card gets hot to touch? Even though i just started the game maxed out?

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Yes i got that. But is it normal like that card gets hot to touch? Even though i just started the game maxed out?

Well yeah, 65 degrees C is hot to the touch and GPU's heat up quite quickly after launching a game; I can say from experience.

If you are really worried about some part being too  hot (e.g. if you're thinking some part is hotter than the 65 degrees) your only real options to test this are:

- getting a thermal camera (one that sees how hot something is)

- Thermal sensor that you can point to a hotspot

- Thermal probes

- Looking at reviews that go in depth on temps (mainly VRM temps, because if it isn't the GPU core itself getting hot; it might be that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

19 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Well yeah, 65 degrees C is hot to the touch and GPU's heat up quite quickly after launching a game; I can say from experience.

If you are really worried about some part being too  hot (e.g. if you're thinking some part is hotter than the 65 degrees) your only real options to test this are:

- getting a thermal camera (one that sees how hot something is)

- Thermal sensor that you can point to a hotspot

- Thermal probes

- Looking at reviews that go in depth on temps (mainly VRM temps, because if it isn't the GPU core itself getting hot; it might be that.

Honesty im stupid. I noticed my fans in prexcision they are not set to auto. And the fans wasn't kicking in at certain temp. And i have my 5 case fans not working because my commander pro decided to die on me. After running my fans. I can fairly touch it even though its hot but not that hot

1 hour ago, charbel1011 said:

Okay so i bought the rtx 2080 ti evga ftw3 3 fans. And i tried to play pubg and the car got hot to touch? Is that normal? My temps were at 65c at the start. Should i be worried?

It's normal that a graphics card will reach about 85C after being under heavy load for an extended period of time, but if it goes to 90C or further you should be worried