7990 Benchmarks : Beats 690

mumbojumbogumbo

Just one bench mark? Seriously why would you use just one benchmark software. And they took a picture of the screen?! THERES A BUTTON FOR THAT.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

And only a benchmark of BF3? Everyone already knows the BF3 favors AMD cards so that't not a fair benchmark. Also if it only beats the 690 by 4 fps then I'm not at all impressed with its performance. Basically it means that the 690 is just as good if not better.

yeah... bf3 favors nvidia by close to 10/15 percent. that 4 fps means the 7990 leads by about 10 percent or even more, which is significant.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

what made you think it wouldnt beat a 690? the 7970 demolishes the 680 so if you stick 2 of em together your gonna beat it by the same %age as both red and green scale pretty similarly.

in some games the 680 will pull back some of the lead but in others it wont. but either way the 680 is about 10% slower so in sli its likely to be roughly the same.

SO NO ITS NOT A SURPRISE!!!.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

And only a benchmark of BF3? Everyone already knows the BF3 favors AMD cards so that't not a fair benchmark. Also if it only beats the 690 by 4 fps then I'm not at all impressed with its performance. Basically it means that the 690 is just as good if not better.
BF3 favours Nvidia cards. /Fail /Fail /Fail /Fail /Fail /Fail /Fail /Fail

yeah... bf3 favors nvidia by close to 10/15 percent. that 4 fps means the 7990 leads by about 10 percent or even more' date=' which is significant.[/quote']

BF3 favors AMD...

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

No it doesn't...

yeah... bf3 favors nvidia by close to 10/15 percent. that 4 fps means the 7990 leads by about 10 percent or even more' date=' which is significant.[/quote'] BF3 favors AMD...

Wrong, It favors nVidia since at beginning of the development of Battlefield 3, more optimization was focused for nVidia but then AMD gave them an offer but they din't optimize for AMD. You can say its favoring AMD for Battlefield 4 but not Battlefield 3.

funny that 6 months ago, any AMD fan will say BF3 favor Nvidia cards. good job AMD.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

aside from that why would being beaten by 4 fps mean it's even better? wtf? i agree 4 fps doesn't really mean anything but what you said makes no sense.

And we see again why the Titan is a ripoff :P
Unless you need 6GB of VRAM. I am waiting for a higher vram one to come out. Maybe 20GB?

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

Of course it does, 1x7970 @ 1000mhz base clock (7970 Ghz Edition) beats 1x680 @ 1006mhz base clock

so.... 2x7970 (7990) @ 1000mhz base clock beat 2x680 (690) @ 915mhz base clock

It's a wonderful thing called logic.

Yep, what changes it is driver optimizations, and possibly this frame-rating issue.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

What about frametimes? It's still a CrossFire config, so probably a lot of runts. BF3 is not a CPU bounded game, so the observed FPS on a 690 is probably a lot higher then the 7990.

What about frametimes? It's still a CrossFire config' date=' so probably a lot of runts. BF3 is not a CPU bounded game, so the observed FPS on a 690 is probably a lot higher then the 7990.[/quote']

You're reading way too much into one graph.

Lets just wait for the proper reviews on Wednesday.

About a month ago AMD revealed via a twitter Q&A that it was going to release a Catalyst driver feature that will directly address micro-stuttering or frame latency as it's now known.

It means that even though the 7990 beats the 690 by 4 fps its not that impressive because BF3 favors AMD cards means that the 690 is either just as good or slightly better.

Wait ! you mean the game that says "Nvidia : The Way It's Meant To Be Played" right on the box & in the intro, favors AMD ?

You're telling me the game that Nvidia made a huge LAN party on a War-ship for, favors AMD ?

Seems legit....

Have any OpenCL or compute benchmarks cropped up? I heard the Powercolor 7990 and Ares II ended up being really bad for compute since no official drivers for dual gpu cards had been released by AMD.

Since AMD will be churning out their own 7990, hopefully driver support for OpenCL applications will be improved quite a lot.

I'd like to see some frame rating benchmarks, though.

Wait ! you mean the game that says "Nvidia : The Way It's Meant To Be Played" right on the box & in the intro, favors AMD ?

You're telling me the game that Nvidia made a huge LAN party on a War-ship for, favors AMD ?

Seems legit....

On current drivers, BF3 favours AMD quite considerably. Go look at any recent benchmark by Linus, and stop thinking optimization is a static thing that is set once during development and never again. Tomorrow it may be Nvidia, etc.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'd like to see some frame rating benchmarks, though.
Same. AMD is going to release 13.4 on the 26th along with the 7990 so lets see if that fixes anything.