Asus RX 580 - good to buy?

cpugeek21

I managed to find a really good deal for an Asus RX 580 (8gb, dual OC).

I keep up with tech news but I don't necessarily which are the good brands. Asus is one of the top brands, that I know. Is it worth going for this particular card?

Thanks!

Depends a lot on what price. The dual is fairly ok but it's their base model so don't expect a ton.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, cpugeek21 said:

Sorry about that, I should have elaborated a little more.

https://www.asus.com/sg/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RX580-O8G/

I found a deal for USD$185 new.

That is a good price, base model from other brands are going for a little above that now. You can compare prices on pcpartpicker.com

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, cpugeek21 said:

Sorry about that, I should have elaborated a little more.

https://www.asus.com/sg/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RX580-O8G/

I found a deal for USD$185 new.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814150794?ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker%2c+LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566

This is a better pickup then

10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Sorry, I'm not from US, I just converted it to USD since that's a more universal currency.

19 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That is a good price, base model from other brands are going for a little above that now. You can compare prices on pcpartpicker.com

On that note, I have another question. I did a bit more research and it seems like a lot of people are recommending Sapphire for AMD GPUs, since they are an AMD-only company. There's another deal, around same price but it's used and with a shorter period of warranty left. I know this is a pretty subjective matter, but would you recommend this over the Asus GPU?

http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-8.html

Or would there be no difference for regular usage, and it would be more worth it to get a new card instead that has longer warranty?

3 minutes ago, cpugeek21 said:

On that note, I have another question. I did a bit more research and it seems like a lot of people are recommending Sapphire for AMD GPUs, since they are an AMD-only company. There's another deal, around same price but it's used and with a shorter period of warranty left. I know this is a pretty subjective matter, but would you recommend this over the Asus GPU?

http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-8.html

Or would there be no difference for regular usage, and it would be more worth it to get a new card instead that has longer warranty?

The nitro cards are a higher end product, not just base model. If it's the same price, that's a pretty great deal since you'll get higher clock speeds on the nitro. For me, warranty is usually second to performance, but that's a personal choice, and there's nothing wrong with valuing a warranty if you prefer.

Primary PC: